Home Sports Talk
Options

11-22-1963 it was 60 years ago today...

craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is hard to imagine it has been 60 years since JFK was assassinated. It must have been a terrible day for those who lived through it.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP JFK. Let me just say this, I have looked into the Kennedy assassination deeply, watching the Zapruder film you can tell Kennedy was shot from behind, and from the side, long story short, Lee Harvey Oswald didn't kill Kennedy, a guy named James Files is the one who shot Kennedy from behind the fence on the grassy knoll, and he confessed to it. I've looked into the case up one side and down the other, on and off for years, and I believe him. It was a complex conspiracy, involving the CIA, the mob, and LBJ himself. It's the kind of thing that is just mind boggling to think about, but Kennedy had made a lot of enemies, and they had decided he had to go. They set up Lee Harvey Oswald to make it look like he did it, then when it became apparent that Oswald would spill the beans, they had Jack Ruby kill Oswald. Anyway, it's a despicable thing they did to Kennedy, here's James Files talking about it.

https://youtu.be/Qpfh_M9Gjck?si=1EHOvLbzfeyyVaFL

• Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 22, 2023 9:01AM

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember it vaguely as a child. The country was horrified.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

This photo says a LOT

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 22, 2023 10:23AM

@craig44 said:
    It is hard to imagine it has been 60 years since JFK was assassinated. It must have been a terrible day for those who lived through it.

I was a little kid at the time and shocked by it, but I think the people who were really traumatized by this were adults. I was just looking at a book of photos I have, called "Four Days":

The body of the President leaving the White House.

Two women grieving in Dallas.

The procession has just passed by the Lincoln Memorial en route across the Arlington Bridge to Arlington National Cemetery.

A sailor weeps. Kennedy was a Navy man.

• Options

@perkdog said:

This photo says a LOT

Yes, it absolutely does say a lot, LBJ was up to his ears in it. A lot of people believe he was the mastermind behind the whole plot.

• Options

You start reading about LBJ, he was a very sinister man, quite a few murders have been linked to him and his hitman buddy Malcolm "Mac" Wallace

• Options
    edited November 22, 2023 1:00PM

Like I said, I've researched the JFK assassination for years, on and off, watched documentaries, read articles and books, I became obsessed with trying to find the truth of what really happened. The JFK case is the most complex, tangled web you'll ever see. But I believe LBJ was involved, as well as elements of the CIA and organized crime. James Files was a hitman for the Chicago outfit, he worked under Charles Nicoletti aka "the typewriter". Listening to his full interviews, he knows too much not to have been involved, he talks about the CIA, Charles Nicoletti, Richard Cain, Johnny Rosselli, Sam Giancana, he just knows too much detail about things not to have been involved.

• Options

I'm not saying James Files was definitely 100% the grassy knoll gunman, but his story does have a ring of truth to it, his knowledge of the situation back then, the people alleged to have participated, it's just too detailed. He was one cold blooded SOB in his day, he would of have had no problem with it.

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

LBJ was a poster child of a powerful southern Democrat politician who was born in the early 20th century (1908), who was elected to Congress in 1937 at 29 years of age and who stayed in politics at the federal level continuously thereafter.

Though he signed into law Civil Rights Legislation in the mid 1960's, he did so out of political need.

Audio tapes of LBJ discussing Civil Rights Legislation in a private setting reveal him to be a horrible person (who flat out stated that African Americans [he did not say that term] need to be and will be kept in poverty, dependent on the federal government for everything, in perpetuity).

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

They also silenced his brother around five years later. JFK and RFK I think were extremely close. I'd have to believe that JFK would tell his brother everything he knew about the presidency on a regular basis.

• Options

One more final thought on this, the image that comes to mind whenever I think about this day, I always see little JFK Jr. standing there saluting his father's casket, it's heartbreaking. JFK didn't deserve what happened to him, neither did RFK. It takes a cold blooded heartless coward to murder a man in front of his wife and the entire country, and I hope that the scum who were responsible for it burn in hell.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    One more final thought on this, the image that comes to mind whenever I think about this day, I always see little JFK Jr. standing there saluting his father's casket, it's heartbreaking. JFK didn't deserve what happened to him, neither did RFK. It takes a cold blooded heartless coward to murder a man in front of his wife and the entire country, and I hope that the scum who were responsible for it burn in hell.

I remember that image of little JFK jr. what a terrible thing.

• Options

@craig44 said:

This sounds selfish, but I am glad I was only 8 years old when this happened. As a 4th-grader I knew that JFK was President, but I had the fuzziest idea of what a President did, and my knowledge of national and international events was limited. From my observation and reading, the people who really suffered back then were adults, because they could understand the wide-ranging implications of the assassination. Had I been 28 instead of 8, I would've been traumatized; instead, I was just shocked and so were my classmates. My ignorance and naivete saved me from being more affected.

• Options

@ernie11 said:

@craig44 said:

This sounds selfish, but I am glad I was only 8 years old when this happened. As a 4th-grader I knew that JFK was President, but I had the fuzziest idea of what a President did, and my knowledge of national and international events was limited. From my observation and reading, the people who really suffered back then were adults, because they could understand the wide-ranging implications of the assassination. Had I been 28 instead of 8, I would've been traumatized; instead, I was just shocked and so were my classmates. My ignorance and naivete saved me from being more affected.

That is almost exactly my mothers sentiment of the event. she was 7 when it happened, and really can only remember how upset all the adults were and knowing something huge had just happened.

I was in 3rd grade when the Challenger blew. we were watching it in class when it happened. I knew it was bad, but I couldnt really grasp what had just happened.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

The day the Warren Report came out was the last day I ever trusted the government. Putting Dulles on the committee was like putting the fox in the hen house.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon Another new documentary came out yesterday
    “Four Died Trying “ Haven’t seen it because it’s only on AppleTV.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options