Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New CACG grading service, just saw my first example today on ebay, do they have a general website?

BUFFNIXXBUFFNIXX Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 18, 2024 11:18AM in U.S. Coin Forum

1914-s buffalo nickel in CACG MS64 -- do you like this new slab? Does it have a potential niche?
Would you rather have your good coins in a pcgs, ngc, or caci holder?

Collector of Buffalo Nickels and other 20th century United States Coinage
a.k.a "The BUFFINATOR"

Comments

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

CACG not CACI????

• Options
    1Bufffan1Bufffan Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

I was just at the Baltimore show and their sign said that CACG only did 10 Cents and up no cents or nickels, so what's up. I would have liked to have a few of my "Better" nickels done, but now I guess I won't.

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2023 6:37PM

Here is the CAC cert verification for the coin in the OP: https://www.cacgrading.com/cert/673776073

Edited to Add: the OP can use this link to access the general CAC website.

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1Bufffan said:
    I was just at the Baltimore show and their sign said that CACG only did 10 Cents and up no cents or nickels, so what's up. I would have liked to have a few of my "Better" nickels done, but now I guess I won't.

I don’t know what the sign said, but I have a feeling that you misread it. See this link for coins they grade:
    https://www.cacgrading.com/coins-accepted/grading

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1Bufffan said:

That must have been for the show only.
    Here is a list of coins they grade.

• Options
    edited November 21, 2023 6:47AM

I guess that they do not have the hardware available to slab the cents and nickels.

a.k.a "The BUFFINATOR"
  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BUFFNIXX said:
    I guess that do not have the hardware available to slab the cents and nickels.

Maybe not at that show, although that seems very unlikely. My first submission had both a cent and a nickel and that was no issue for CACG.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had an 1894 IHC MS66RB graded by PCGS with a CAC sticker upgraded on a crossover by CACG to MS66+RB. It now has an Eagle Eye Photo Seal too.

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:

@1Bufffan said:

I don’t know what the sign said, but I have a feeling that you misread it. See this link for coins they grade:
    https://www.cacgrading.com/coins-accepted/grading

Agree with Mark Feld. Furthermore, I saw a gorgeous 1929-D MS-65RB cent in Liz Coggins table at the Baltimore show.

I imagine that CACG might have some supply issues on some of the made in USA slabs rather than importing foreign slabs? Az

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BUFFNIXX, since you've posted after starting this thread, why not change/correct the "CACI" in your thread title?

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    WiscKauWiscKau Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

I don't see early commemoratives?

• Options

@MFeld said:
    @BUFFNIXX, since you've posted after starting this thread, why not change/correct the "CACI" in your thread title?

Change has been made

a.k.a "The BUFFINATOR"
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WiscKau said:
    I don't see early commemoratives?

It’s included with the group Modern clad, Silver and Gold Commemoratives

Here is a page from their graded only (not stickered) pop report.

• Options
    WiscKauWiscKau Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

Thank you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file