Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Can anyone pls tell me if this, could be the 1975 Roosevelt, no mint mark proof dime?

HI, am new here, and new to the coin collecting thing, I been collecting coins for some time now! Pretty much I just collect what catches my attention for some reason! And this DIMES HERE HAVE BEEN SOME OF MY FAVORITE! I believe this could be the valuable 1975 no mint mark proof Roosevelt dime! And I want it send them out to GET GRADED AND CERTIFY BUT AM LOOKING FOR A COIN COLLECTORS POINT OF VIEW! Pls

Best Answer

• Options
    Klif50Klif50 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭

No they are not the 1975 S Proof Dime that was minted without the S mint mark. They were specially prepared and struck and the die that created them had the S mint mark left off of it. If you find one that looks like the S mint 1975 Proof Coin in the above post but is missing the S mint mark then you may have one. It's very unlikely as very few were minted.

Good luck with your search. You might want to buy a copy of the Red Book, the handbook on coins, but you can pick one up pretty cheaply from a flea marker or used book store so you don't have to get the most current edition. It will have a lot of information on coins like this and other interesting things that might show up in your change.

Answers

• Options
    IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

No

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

No Philadelphia mint mark that year if that helps

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

regular business strike.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

:s

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:
    :s

Such a sweet coin isn't it? :D

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options

Can we leave the making fun of one another for kids and just answer the question and simple yes or no! For the those who been kind enough to answer with out laughing at me thank you I truly appreciate it!

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a picture of a 1975 proof dime. No offense intended, but what made you think your coins were proof vs. business strike? I'd sincerely like to know the thought process there. It might help others to understand where the disconnect is.

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,176 ✭✭✭✭✭

@johnny9434 said:
    No Philadelphia mint mark that year if that helps

He's hoping it's one of the rare San Francisco proof strikes where the mintmark was left off the die as an error.

This isn't a proof strike.

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file