Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Shoutout to GreatCollections!

124Spider124Spider Posts: 848 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

We all complain from time to time about service we have received. So it's only fair to give kudos when earned.

I bought two coins last night on GC. As usual, they immediately acknowledged my purchases, and provided an invoice. I paid last night (using e-check).

At 10:13 am this morning, 16 hours after I bought them Sunday night, they have shipped (in fact, of course, the label has been created, and it likely will ship later today).

That's service!

Mark

Comments

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

No doubt. Won a Blay Lincoln last night and emailed Ian with a question and a shipping hold request. By the time I woke up this morning, I had a response and confirmation of the hold request.

Not sure how he stays on top of everything but he does.

Tim

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been bidding on GC and winning a few times a month for a couple years now. Always get an email on Mondays saying my order is confirmed. A 2nd email saying my item is shipped with a tracking number. Depending on the method I choose to ship, it's usually here on Wednesday ( Ohio ) or if lower value items I receive it the following Monday. Never have I had any problems. My go to company.

• Options
    willywilly Posts: 285 ✭✭✭✭✭

I buy about 5 coins a month from Great Collections they are fantastic to work with quick replies to any questions and super fast shipping.

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bought two last night from a board member's consignment. Looking forward to my newbs from the green island.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

The best auction company I've had the pleasure to work with, great service!

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

My auction winnings have shipped as well! That is fast,,,,,

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just did a 23 coin auction with them last week . . . superb results and consummately professional. Customer service is without a doubt . . . .the best in the industry.

I am readying another 12 coins to sell off again in the next few weeks . . .

Drunner

• Options
    UltraHighReliefUltraHighRelief Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great company!

• Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love GC! :)

• Options
    EliteCollectionEliteCollection Posts: 149 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2023 6:08PM

@UltraHighRelief said:
    Great company!

You meant GreatCompany 😂

• Options

I sent an email to Raeleen and Ian nearly two hours ago and still no response. I think they are starting to slip. :)

There is only one direction to go when one is on top of the world and the slopes are slippery.

Tim

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

@124Spider said:
    Hi,

We all complain from time to time about service we have received. So it's only fair to give kudos when earned.

I bought two coins last night on GC. As usual, they immediately acknowledged my purchases, and provided an invoice. I paid last night (using e-check).

At 10:13 am this morning, 16 hours after I bought them Sunday night, they have shipped (in fact, of course, the label has been created, and it likely will ship later today).

That's service!

Mark

fedex or USPS 2 day ?

• Options
    124Spider124Spider Posts: 848 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bestday said:

@124Spider said:
    Hi,

That's service!

Mark

fedex or USPS 2 day ?

USPS. FedEx is a disaster delivering to my house when a signature is required. It's supposed to arrive Friday.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's also a big plus if any GC problems are mentioned on this forum Ian will join the discussion to help with a solution.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    Clackamas1Clackamas1 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2023 10:51PM

They need to do better images, at least include the POP's. I find myself going to 4 different web sites doing the research for each coin. There are no auction descriptions. I do appreciate they let you take notes on coins in your watch list so I can just cut and paste relevant info. It was simple getting an LOC with them with some references so that worked well. IMO, I will use Legend or Heritage for my high end stuff.

• Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭✭✭

FedEx signature confirmation is a great service if you'd like your coins stolen off your porch. They don't even bother to check if you're home, let alone obtain your signature.

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Clackamas1 said:
    They need to do better images, at least include the POP's. I find myself going to 4 different web sites doing the research for each coin. There are no auction descriptions. I do appreciate they let you take notes on coins in your watch list so I can just cut and paste relevant info. It was simple getting an LOC with them with some references so that worked well. IMO, I will use Legend or Heritage for my high end stuff.

Agree with you about better images especially on smaller coins but someone, either buyer or seller, will pay for more detailed information.

• Options
    SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a testament that Blay chose them.

• Options
    RobertScotLoverRobertScotLover Posts: 617 ✭✭✭✭

I have not bid on anything for a long while, but on Sunday I won a Blay. I had to reestablish my account because it has been so long and I forgot everything. I contacted them Sunday morning to re-establish and they did it in minutes. Their customer service is without out a doubt sensational.
    To me they are run by people that are accessible and knowledgable and easy to speak with. There is no way any other auction house would have got me up and running as to not miss out on the immediate auction. They are like a small caring family owned company that is down to earth and aims to please.
    I can tell you that their bidding program is simple and exceptional to use, no issues in the least.
    I would call them the perfect boutique auction house that is big enough to handle any and all types of clients but carries itself small enough to afford super exceptional personalized service.
    It appears all the auction houses out there should beware, GC is taking over, and that's a good thing for us.

• Options

@pointfivezero said:
    I sent an email to Raeleen and Ian nearly two hours ago and still no response. I think they are starting to slip. :)

There is only one direction to go when one is on top of the world and the slopes are slippery.

Tim

Quick follow-up. Heard from Raeleen early this morning and they agreed to my special request.

“Over and Above” should be their company slogan.

Tim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file