Home Sports Talk
Options

Joshua Dobbs

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

Watching this guy last night for the first time, he can ball, fun player to watch. And by the way, he's also an aerospace engineer with a 4.0 gpa, worked with NASA, and he could have been an astronaut. Fascinating stuff!

Comments

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

wow, that is a pretty good resume!! Seems he has the physical tools as well as the smarts to learn a complicated offense. Maybe he will be the long term answer for Minnesota.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy crap I didn't know anything about him.

I think he is a dink and dunk QB with legs that can move around, I think once enough film is on him he won't be all that, I'm rooting for the kid though

• Options

I think he'll get better with more experience, and Justin Jefferson should be back soon. I'll tell you one thing, working with NASA you have to be able to problem solve and think quick, that should translate well for the quarterback position. This play last night was sick.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    I think he'll get better with more experience, and Justin Jefferson should be back soon. I'll tell you one thing, working with NASA you have to be able to problem solve and think quick, that should translate well for the quarterback position. This play last night was sick.

Valid points

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

I watched the game last night and was on the edge of my seat wanting the Denver defense to sack Dobbs.

Time after time he was able to get out of situations where most other quarterbacks would have been sacked. His ability to avoid defending players as the pocket is collapsing around him is amazing. His choice to go Yule Brenner or Samuel L. Jackson

gives him a unique look, particularly with his light complexion (in the photos of him posted in the OP he does not appear to have any body hair showing [except eyebrows] and I wonder if he has Alopecia universalis)

• Options
    edited November 20, 2023 12:04PM

Yes, Dobbs is a Dapper young lad, but does he own a Cowboy hat and have the rugged western good looks of a Sam Elliott? I think not. Only one man in the NFL fits that mold.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SanctionII said:
    I watched the game last night and was on the edge of my seat wanting the Denver defense to sack Dobbs.

Time after time he was able to get out of situations where most other quarterbacks would have been sacked. His ability to avoid defending players as the pocket is collapsing around him is amazing. His choice to go Yule Brenner or Samuel L. Jackson

gives him a unique look, particularly with his light complexion (in the photos of him posted in the OP he does not appear to have any body hair showing [except eyebrows] and I wonder if he has Alopecia universalis)

Alopecia areata.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

Valid points

I agree, excellent skill there by the QB at avoiding the rush and keeping the play alive.

Horrible defense though by one of the defenders. You cannot allow a receiver that late in a play to be standing right behind the goal line unguarded. That defender will certainly hear about it when they show the game film.

• Options

I find it fascinating that he's a rocket scientist and a quarterback, his cards are starting to sell like hotcakes on eBay, and he's already earned a few nicknames, the "passtronaut" and "rocket man."

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Yes, Dobbs is a Dapper young lad, but does he own a Cowboy hat and have the rugged western good looks of a Sam Elliott? I think not. Only one man in the NFL fits that mold.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options

So are we off the Dobbs Rookie of the year, best young QB stuff?

• Options

@perkdog said:

yup, he didnt look good at all.

smoke and mirrors?

• Options

@craig44 said:

@perkdog said:

smoke and mirrors?

IDK he is obviously a smart young man but the last two weeks he looks like he is getting g figured out

Probably the same thing will happen with that Devito Cutlets guy with the Giants

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

let me tell you guys about Dobbs. remember where he came from? he was in Arizona prior to Minny. i keep up with the Cardinals on the side because of Kyler. Dobbs was not good in the desert. and no, he would not lead San Francisco to the Super Bowl if he played for them. the guy is a subpar quarterback at best. he won one start out of 8 for the Cardinals. he beat.......wait for it.......Dallas. think about it. Arizona didn't want him. Arizona. not even as a backup to K1 just in case. they shipped him to Minnesota for a bag of avocados. 🥑

so when he won a couple of games with the Vikings and everyone lost their minds thinking he was the next Fran Tarkenton, i just smh. wait a few weeks until teams get some tape on him wearing purple, i thought. then, last night happened. it felt like i was gazing into Medusa's eyes watching him play. the feeling i had was similar to the one i experience when i make the morally suspect decision to watch Mac Jones play.

and don't get me wrong, the quarterback of my team sucks too. i literally had typed out "i'm done with Fields" and was prepared to hit send in another thread until we backdoored a W. but i didn't even bother to erase it. it's still there, saved........waiting for me to hit 'post comment'.

• Options

I watched most of the first half last night. Fields looked ok to me. he started 12-12, though many were short throws.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the NFL J. Dobbs. Film and adjustments young man, film and adjustments

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭✭✭

reminds me of this guy... :)

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

@perkdog said:

smoke and mirrors?

Even when he was helping the team, he threw into coverage a LOT. Several of his throws were right to the defender and were dropped. That finally caught up with him.
    His best quality is running, the Vikings seem to want him to be a pocket passer, doubt that will work.
    If the Vikes want to get offense out of him, they need to use his legs, rollouts or run/pass options.
    I don't think he is an accurate thrower at all.
    Pretty bad game last night.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set