Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1984 Lincoln memorial cent

Hi guys. thanks for help I have this Lincoln cent I need help is this cent doubled ear. Thanks lot

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2023 9:29PM

You've been here a year and a half and have over 100 threads asking about junk pocket change. Coin collecting probably isn't the right hobby for you.

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is what you need to look for.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    nooraden1nooraden1 Posts: 326 ✭✭✭

Thanks for reply

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Manifest_Destiny And emeraldATV has been here for over 4 years. Just don't open the thread if you don't want to see it. ;)

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

o:)

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another member explained to me that some posters utilize readers that do not have the capacity to send pics. The OP seems too gentle to harass. Just post a pic or two. It takes less than a minute to open, shoot screen, and post.

• Options
    stevefromnestevefromne Posts: 129 ✭✭✭

@Manifest_Destiny said:
    You've been here a year and a half and have over 100 threads asking about junk pocket change. Coin collecting probably isn't the right hobby for you.

Happened only once, but I caught an exact match of a coin at CCF, user ID "crater".

https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=96403

Steve

• Options

Interesting. It says Queens. I was thinking another country.

• Options

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    @Manifest_Destiny And emeraldATV has been here for over 4 years. Just don't open the thread if you don't want to see it. ;)

I like @emeraldATV. He posts quirky pics that are fun, especially if you can understand them. He's not constantly asking the forum for "help" like this person, which even then isn't necessarily bad, but after a year and a half of asking for "help" with zero interest to actually learn anything, it's hard to take someone seriously. Either they're just trolling, or coin collecting isn't the hobby for them.

• Options

@stevefromne said:

@Manifest_Destiny said:

Happened only once, but I caught an exact match of a coin at CCF, user ID "crater".

https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=96403

Steve

Same MO over there.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Manifest_Destiny said:

@ifthevamzarockin said:

I like @emeraldATV. He posts quirky pics that are fun, especially if you can understand them. He's not constantly asking the forum for "help" like this person, which even then isn't necessarily bad, but after a year and a half of asking for "help" with zero interest to actually learn anything, it's hard to take someone seriously. Either they're just trolling, or coin collecting isn't the hobby for them.

While I don't understand why someone would enjoy looking for things they cannot see, it is not my business to decide what someone else finds fun.

Here's my picture of a ghost that I took this morning....

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Manifest_Destiny said:

@ifthevamzarockin said:

While I don't understand why someone would enjoy looking for things they cannot see, it is not my business to decide what someone else finds fun.

Here's my picture of a ghost that I took this morning....

• Options

Crater seeks second opinions.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

It's not about deciding for someone else what's fun. It's about abusing the goodwill of the forum by asking the (essentially) same question over and over again while refusing to take personal responsibility for actually learning something and becoming a contributor. After a year and a half, and 150 threads asking for "help", I'm not inclined to think he's a serious person with a sincere desire to learn about coins.

• Options

@Manifest_Destiny said:

@jmlanzaf said:

It's not about deciding for someone else what's fun. It's about abusing the goodwill of the forum by asking the (essentially) same question over and over again while refusing to take personal responsibility for actually learning something and becoming a contributor. After a year and a half, and 150 threads asking for "help", I'm not inclined to think he's a serious person with a sincere desire to learn about coins.

I believe they have vision issues.

We also don't know how many thousands of coins they didn't need help with.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said

We also don't know how many thousands of coins they didn't need help with.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, the OP isn't nasty or combative, so there's that.

And I think once or twice they did have a real find.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is a damaged cent that has been smashed at the ear. It is not the doubled ear variety.

bob :)
    vegas baby!

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options

They tried to help him learn on the other forum too. He's not having any of that nonsense.

• Options

As I recall from earlier threads, I think it's a "she", older, non-native English speaker, with bad eyesight.

They seem to be doing the best they can, as far as I know.

• Options
    nooraden1nooraden1 Posts: 326 ✭✭✭

thanks, JBK. that true what you said. Thanks lot.

• Options

@nooraden1 said:
    thanks, JBK. that true what you said. Thanks lot.

Not picking on you, truly. If you're a sincere person wanting to learn about the hobby, why don't you take advice and spend time studying resources like variety vista? People have given you lots of good resources to learn about the coins you're asking help with.

• Options
    giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭

@nooraden1
    I am sure or maybe just me why do you post your in your mind are errors etc?
    How many coins do you look at and since you “claim” to have eye problems why make it worse by looking at coins in detail. Is it because of the chance of $$ remote chance of it but who knows. People have been very kind and you should show more appreciation and respect to them instead of just saying thank you no followup question and on to next post of similar items.

You dont seem to comprehend or accept all your coins have no extra value.

• Options

@giantsfan20 said:
    @nooraden1
    I am sure or maybe just me why do you post your in your mind are errors etc?
    How many coins do you look at and since you “claim” to have eye problems why make it worse by looking at coins in detail. Is it because of the chance of $$ remote chance of it but who knows. People have been very kind and you should show more appreciation and respect to them instead of just saying thank you no followup question and on to next post of similar items.

You dont seem to comprehend or accept all your coins have no extra value.

Maybe she doesn't care about value.

I can't believe your criticizing someone for gratefully accepting the assistance.

• Options
    edited November 21, 2023 9:20AM

I think it's a good old-fashioned pastime for her. It seems pretty harmless, and I personally prefer it to some of the new people with attitudes who show up with their parking lot finds.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file