Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

"...coin has a knee type of men terror..." - On Ebay

WinLoseWinWinLoseWin Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

While it is true that a knee can cause a type of terror in men, seems that is not what the seller means.

"This rare 1923 FSB coin has a knee type of men terror it looks to be an off-center strike they got hung in a press possibly just a raised lip."

Looks like something got mixed up in translation, presumably through an electronic device. Found it kind of funny.

The wording is in the description. The title seems normal, except for that W Holder thing.

Here is a link to the coin with that in the description (I have no connection to the coin or seller) :

Strong FSB 1923 BU Mint Error Silver Mercury Dime W Holder.

Link

Regarding the rim issue from looking at the photos, it seems like rims that are sometimes found on late teens and twenties Mercury dimes and maybe some other denominations. Some of the 1923 Mercs on PCGS CoinFacts look similar.

Not sure if it is from how the mint just had things set up back then or if it could be from striking a blank that did not have the rims upset. Probably been addressed somewhere. If so, I don't recall it. Seems it is not normaly referred to as an error coin.

Any way I found it to be a knee type a graphical terror.

"To Be Esteemed Be Useful" - 1792 Birch Cent --- "I personally think we developed language because of our deep need to complain." - Lily Tomlin

Comments

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

AI gone amuck.

peacockcoins

• Options
    acsbacsb Posts: 145 ✭✭✭

Too bad it wasn't a 1923-D in that shape...

• Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm. 'Neat type of mint error' or 'New type of mint error'? Knowing eBay, I'm going with the latter.

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    Aegis3Aegis3 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭

I was thinking more speech-to-text, unchecked.

--

Ed. S.

(EJS)
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,449 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Aegis3 said:
    I was thinking more speech-to-text, unchecked.

Agree. It took me a while to see that It should have been "new type of mint error".

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's extra in Key West.

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish I had caught that title for the coinsmack thread.

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,840 ✭✭✭✭✭

New type of mint error.... neigh typo men terror... same thing, right?

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file