Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Many Counterfeits from One Seller 11/18/23 - Gone now

IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 18, 2023 10:51AM in U.S. Coin Forum

All counterfeits, many denominations:

Thank you for reporting!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_dkr=1&iconV2Request=true&_blrs=recall_filtering&_ssn=z0nt&_oac=1

Attn: @burfle23

Comments

• Options
    lobo54lobo54 Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

@IkesT said:
    All counterfeits, many denominations:

Thank you for reporting!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_dkr=1&iconV2Request=true&_blrs=recall_filtering&_ssn=z0nt&_oac=1

Attn: @burfle23

Why???? They are all clearly marked "counterfeits". Wayyyy too many people, unnecessarily I might add, worrying about everyone else. Anyone buying these thinking they are real, deserves what they get. Caveat Emptor................................

I would rather join with an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by sheep.

• Options
    burfle23burfle23 Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

Against eBay policy and removed.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lobo54 said:
    Why???? They are all clearly marked "counterfeits". Wayyyy too many people, unnecessarily I might add, worrying about everyone else. Anyone buying these thinking they are real, deserves what they get. Caveat Emptor................................

First off they are not stamped COPY and are illegal to sell according to the hobby protection act.
    Second, they are against ebay rules to sell them on the site.
    Third, if these are allowed to be sold on ebay it would not take long before ebay is flooded with overseas counterfeits.
    Forth, You may have missed where a former member here (SlickCoins) bought one knowing it was a counterfeit and insisted it was a new pattern and then went on this forum and several other forums wasting time and spreading misinformation.
    Fifth, they will just end up back on ebay listed as genuine coins.

Do I need to go on or can you see why it's not good for our hobby? :/

• Options
    knovak1976knovak1976 Posts: 222 ✭✭✭

They say they are fantasy coins….🤔 No different than those gold “tribute” coins they sell on TV for $19.95……

• Options

@knovak1976 said:
    They say they are fantasy coins….🤔 No different than those gold “tribute” coins they sell on TV for $19.95……

The gold tribute coins are stamped COPY. ;)

• Options
    knovak1976knovak1976 Posts: 222 ✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:

@knovak1976 said:

The gold tribute coins are stamped COPY. ;)

This guy’s ads are listed as FANTASY coins, not genuine. So what’s the difference? They’re both fakes….. 🤔😉

• Options
    lobo54lobo54 Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:

Do I need to go on or can you see why it's not good for our hobby? :/

I see where you're coming from but, maybe in a twisted way it is good for the hobby. You see them, you compare them and sometimes you handle them. Next thing you know you can spot the fakes a mile away. My 2¢

I would rather join with an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by sheep.

• Options

I just report them and have them removed; the cool ones I document...

• Options

@knovak1976 said:
    This guy’s ads are listed as FANTASY coins, not genuine. So what’s the difference? They’re both fakes….. 🤔😉

The coins that were listed on ebay are fakes that are NOT marked COPY and do not comply with the hobby protection act.

The coins on TV ARE stamped COPY and do comply with the hobby protection act.

That is the difference. ;)

• Options
    edited November 18, 2023 1:47PM

@lobo54 said:

maybe in a twisted way it is good for the hobby...... Next thing you know you can spot the fakes a mile away. My 2¢

Your little twist on it doesn't overshadow the problems it causes for the hobby, collectors or ebay.
    It didn't help SlickCoins to spot it, it just made him spread false information across the web. ;)

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

Poof 😈

• Options

Stating anyone just "deserves what they get" is total BS and detrimental to the Hobby if it can be prevented in my opinion....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file