Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

VaultBox Series 5 And VB Packs

WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 20, 2023 8:37AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Looks like VB 5 is going back to the bigger box format and will most likely be priced too high for me but the prizes look amazing.

Also, there will be VB packs releasing soon too:

https://vaultbox.com/series-info/series-5-information/

Comments

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now if only they came with some bazooka gum and a comic too.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2023 3:27PM

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    Looks like VB 5 is going back to the bigger box format and will most likely be priced too high for me but the prizes look amazing.

Yay!!!! Why do each of these announcements warrant a thread here, complete with a link? At this point, given how polarizing this product is, not only here, but in the numismatic community at large, is it really to provide information to those who seek it and have no other way to obtain it?

@WQuarterFreddie -- are you a VB insider, sharing information with us not available elsewhere? Or are you just a cheerleader stirring the pot for no reason other than to stir the pot?

After 4 releases, does anyone honestly believe that there is anything left to discuss here? Or that those who are interested are not already on VB's mailing list, and did not receive the same notice @WQuarterFreddie is so helpfully sharing with us?

But, since @WQuarterFreddie insists on provoking a conversation, here goes! In my opinion, after testing the concept and priming the pump during the first 4 releases, it looks like they are going in for the kill on this one. Given the value of the grand prizes, this one is going to test the upper limits of the extent to which people are willing to be screwed for the opportunity to get a really high value prize.

As before, I am skeptical. Let's see how much people are willing to pay for the "fun" of 3 rips in a box that is likely going to sell for well over $1,000. With a very high likelihood of delivering less than 50% of the purchase price in value, in order to line VB's pockets as well as to fund the grand prizes.

And, whether the questionable way in which the prizes appear to have been distributed in first few releases destroys whatever credibility is now attributed to their claim that everything is "Randomized/Sealed/Packaged by NGC," as though that somehow guarantees that they cannot possibly know what is in the sealed boxes prior to distribution. Maybe, if NGC handled shipping fulfillment, the statement might actually mean something after what we all witnessed in the first few rounds.

Now that real money will apparently be at stake, let's see how many people like @jmlanzaf will be in for. My bet is zero. I admit, though, that given the gullibility demonstrated by the masses as evidenced by the success of the first 4 rounds, it is difficult to bet against VB.

But I also have to believe that people with the means to buy into this round will be a little more sophisticated and savvy than those who came before, and won't be blinded by the prizes, due to the unregulated and unsupervised manner in which they will be distributed, as well as to the poor underlying value of the offering. If I'm wrong, it will once again prove PT Barnum correct.

There you go @WQuarterFreddie -- I bit. Now let's discuss!!! 🤣🤣🤣

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

If everyone thought like some of you, Vegas wouldn't exist... Yet it does billions annually.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options

.> @3stars said:

If everyone thought like some of you, Vegas wouldn't exist... Yet it does billions annually.

Thank you. In my opinion this product is fun. 😎

• Options
    edited November 17, 2023 4:50PM

@3stars said:

Very true. But even Vegas is regulated, and returns far more for every dollar placed at risk than VB does.

Lotteries are the better example, at least terms of percentage of money "invested" being returned. The knock on them is that they act as regressive taxes, targeting those least able to afford the gamble, since the vast majority of those who play on a regular basis are people without meaningful savings.

And yet, even they are both regulated and use their proceeds to support public spending. VB is just a cynical vehicle to separate dreamers from their money, using something we all love, collectible coins, as the bait. @WQuarterFreddie is a perfect example, with his one modest score that he proudly parades in front of all of us to generate some excitement and FOMO, while ignoring all the boxes he got killed on.

And, for all the incessant drum beating on this forum, only a teeny tiny minority of those either actively participating or lurking on the forum actually get involved with VB. There is just no need for the same thing over and over and over and over and over and again, and yet, here we are.

For some reason, those who start these threads cannot just leave it alone. And, as long as there is a compulsion to start the threads, people like me are just not going to allow them to stand without the other side of the story. So, here we are. This isn't a gambling website, and yet we have multiple threads about an unregulated lottery masquerading as a numismatic curiosity.

• Options

Vegas is regulated sure, but its a lot easier to lose everything with nothing to show for it. At least with vault box you get some return above zero. I look it as more a pink sheet stock. You could get rich if it spikes, but you could go broke in the process.

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    .> @3stars said:

Thank you. In my opinion this product is fun. 😎

And, in my opinion, this product is trash. 😎

• Options

@3stars said:
    Vegas is regulated sure, but its a lot easier to lose everything with nothing to show for it. At least with vault box you get some return above zero. I look it as more a pink sheet stock. You could get rich if it spikes, but you could go broke in the process.

It's a decent analogy. Pink Sheet stocks are on the Pink Sheet for a reason. They are also trash, and are ineligible, for one reason or another, for listing on any regulated exchange with any standards at all.

You can also get rich playing Power Ball, but lottery tickets are not investments, or even a good use of money. Same for VB, absent the regulation. Just like the Pink Sheets.

• Options

amazing the pink sheet survive... yet there they are.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

De ja vu all over again...

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let’s add a twist this time: how about a limit of two sentences or less per post that are free of repetitions, cliches, and spit.

• Options

@Fraz said:
    Let’s add a twist this time: how about a limit of two sentences or less per post that are free of repetitions, cliches, and spit.

Why not just go back to an old twist and shut the thread down? Is there really anything new to say, on either side?

• Options

@Fraz said:

The Ignore feature works great! I highly recommend it especially for the few members who love to hijack threads with their repetitive posts about the same old same old.....😎

• Options
    edited November 17, 2023 6:35PM

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@Fraz said:

The Ignore feature works great! I highly recommend it especially for the few members who love to hijack threads with their repetitive posts about the same old same old.....😎

This entire thread is one big "repetitive posts about the same old same old.....😎" Including all of your posts, from the first one to the last.

As long as you insist on doing you, I am going to do me.

And, for the record, I am not hijacking anything. I am discussing VB 5, just like you.

Doing my part to help create a complete thread, with varying viewpoints, pro and con, for the benefit of anyone stumbling on the thread, now or in the future. Not leaving it to be one big unpaid marketing thread for your friends at VB. Contrary to your wishes, again and again and again and again and again. 😎

• Options
    humanssuckhumanssuck Posts: 323 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:

My ignore list was full, I had to take SlickCoins off of my ignore list to add your favorite friend to it. At this point Id rather he come back with his lovely large cent than listen to someone's crusade against people having fun wrong.

• Options

@humanssuck said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

My ignore list was full, I had to take SlickCoins off of my ignore list to add your favorite friend to it. At this point Id rather he come back with his lovely large cent than listen to someone's crusade against people having fun wrong.

I don't think I've ever had fun right. But I had fun.

• Options

@humanssuck said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

Please, feel free to be my guest. Just be sure to let us all know how much fun you had, just like @WQuarterFreddie did.

• Options
    edited November 17, 2023 7:27PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@humanssuck said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

Glad to hear it. Again, those look like some mighty impressive, classic grand prizes. Not the modern "crap" you seem to shun. How much fun do you expect to be in for? If the answer is none, you really have no right to preach here.

Encouraging people to waste their money on "fun" while you sit safely on the sidelines, wagging your finger disapprovingly while admonishing those criticizing that which you support with your words, but not with your wallet, really is the height of hypocrisy. I am at least practicing what I preach, while you seemingly have an infinite number of excuses for not partaking in that which you feel compelled to enthusiastically support.

• Options

@humanssuck said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

That is a TOUGH decision but I think you made the right one!🤣😂

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@humanssuck said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

Slick was banned. It's an easy decision.

• Options
    edited November 17, 2023 8:04PM

@NJCoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@humanssuck said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

Glad to hear it. Again, those look like some mighty impressive, classic grand prizes. Not the modern "crap" you seem to shun. How much fun do you expect to be in for? If the answer is none, you really have no right to preach here.

Encouraging people to waste their money on "fun" while you sit safely on the sidelines, wagging your finger disapprovingly while admonishing those criticizing that which you support with your words, but not with your wallet, really is the height of hypocrisy. I am at least practicing what I preach, while you seemingly have an infinite number of excuses for not partaking in that which you feel compelled to enthusiastically support

What a bunch of insulting garbage. For $1 million, please indicate any post of mine in this thread that indicated encouragement or discouragement?

Go ahead. I'll wait.......

I made 2 comments "de ja vu..." and "I've always had fun wrong...". I haven't even mentioned the product name.

Still waiting....

• Options
    edited November 17, 2023 8:24PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@NJCoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@humanssuck said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

Encouraging people to waste their money on "fun" while you sit safely on the sidelines, wagging your finger disapprovingly while admonishing those criticizing that which you support with your words, but not with your wallet, really is the height of hypocrisy. I am at least practicing what I preach, while you seemingly have an infinite number of excuses for not partaking in that which you feel compelled to enthusiastically support

What a bunch of garbage. For $1 million in VBs, please indicate any post of mine in this thread that indicated encouragement or discouragement?

Go ahead. I'll wait.......

This thread, or all the VB threads, including those that have been taken down, where you opined about what a brilliant concept it was, and how no one should tell anyone else how to have fun, or how people were committing libel by criticizing it and its promoters, or by pointing out how the distribution didn't appear to be on the up and up?

Perception is reality. From my point of view, you and the dude who started this thread have been VB's biggest cheerleaders on this forum. From the very beginning.

You know it, I know it, and anyone who has been paying attention knows it. I have no interest in VB. Is there an alternate payment method for my $1,000,000? Do you actually have $1,000,00 to your name, or is it nothing more than hyperbole and more empty rhetoric? Or, does the fact that your 4 posts so far on this single thread do not explicitly tell anyone to go all in on VB 5 mean you have not been encouraging people from the sidelines, from the beginning, while keeping your money safe in your pocket, or crowing about how you managed to snag a loser slab from a sucker at a deep discount to what they paid?

For $1,000,000, I'll reach out to the folks running this forum, have them pull every post you have ever made "that indicated encouragement" for VB, and split the money with them. But, I don't think the money is there, so I have no interest in chasing my tail, and then arguing with you over the meaning of the word "is" in your encouraging posts.

• Options
    humanssuckhumanssuck Posts: 323 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@humanssuck said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@humanssuck said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

Ah. I wasn't sure if bans were permanent or not, i thought eventually they let some people back after they served a long enough sentence.

• Options
    MartinMartin Posts: 845 ✭✭✭✭✭

Should have started this thread next Wednesday after noon

Martin

• Options
    edited November 17, 2023 8:32PM

@Martin said:

Martin

VB4 survived and proved it is not the topic that got the other threads closed plus I created this thread because the VB website was updated for Series 5 today which they consistently do on a Friday.😎

I didn't create this thread for members to debate about the validity of the VB concept or product.🙄

• Options
    edited November 17, 2023 8:39PM

@Martin said:

Martin

You're right. These threads always seem to start on a Friday, in the hope that they'll attract exactly what this one is attracting, while the mods are enjoying their weekend. Then depending on how crazy things get, the thread either gets poofed on Monday or not. Next Wednesday would have given it 4 days to get going instead of 2.

The one thing these threads are never about is providing information to people who care who do not already have it. They're to troll the rest of us.

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@Martin said:

Martin

VB4 survived and proved it is not the topic that got the other threads closed plus I created this thread because the VB website was updated for Series 5 today which they consistently do on a Friday.😎

I didn't create this thread for members to debate about the validity of the VB concept or product.🙄

So, why exactly did you create the thread? Is there anything left that needs to be said about VB? Do you really think anyone interested won't receive a notification from VB well in advance of release with all the relevant information? Or does VB really need you pimping its product here?

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@Martin said:

Martin

I don't think you can actually call it a debate. It's just a homeless guy with no pants shouting scripture on a street corner.

Classy.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    edited November 17, 2023 9:13PM

• Options

@UpGrayedd said:
    Does anyone know what NJCoin's post count was prior to all the VaultBox's threads?

All of our counts have to come from somewhere. Freddie stops making threads, I stop responding. Pretty simple, if my post count is bothering anyone.

• Options

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:

Thanks for letting us know, I had forgotten about VB 5..... :)

• Options
    jeffas1974jeffas1974 Posts: 319 ✭✭✭

I haven’t bought any and I’m not sure if I ever will but it’s still an interesting product to me and I appreciate @WQuarterFreddie providing the information.

• Options

@Fraz said:

@NJCoin said:

@Fraz said:

Why not just go back to an old twist and shut the thread down? Is there really anything new to say, on either side?

No, I want the information. Your dissertations do not inform any longer. You harass WQF. Give it a rest, Nader, stay out of the thread. Let VB announcements be.

https://youtu.be/Z_dXBZjDhQ8?si=1Kt7dFMkVZGID2pR)

Thank you Fraz! I am curious about what the packs will cost and what they will contain. Hopefully better variety than Ultra Breaks 🤞

• Options
    VasantiVasanti Posts: 448 ✭✭✭✭

VB and s a terrible use of money, but I’m shocked at the number of people that don’t like giving people the freedom to do stupid things with their own money.

• Options
    edited November 18, 2023 5:55PM

@Vasanti said:
    VB and s a terrible use of money, but I’m shocked at the number of people that don’t like giving people the freedom to do stupid things with their own money.

Please don't count me among them. I agree that VB is a terrible use of money, and simply feel compelled to post in response to threads promoting it in order to present the opposing point of view.

Fans seemingly tire of the response, but apparently cannot get enough of the promotion. All I can say is that I tire of the promotion, yet somehow find a way to deal with it and go on with my life.

That said, at no time did I ever say that people should not have the freedom to do stupid things with their money. At best, I am suggesting that this is a form of lottery, and should be regulated as such. But, it isn't, and people should have their eyes opened to that fact. After the first few rounds, I am confident that most people understand that now.

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭✭✭

We want people to come into the hobby so there is somebody to buy your coins from your heirs at better than CoinStar values when you die. Anybody who is already a collector, either they like to gamble or it was a bad idea (99.94% of all coins in VB slabs are coins I have no interest in).

Getting excited and then being ripped off doesn't achieve that goal.

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    fluffy155fluffy155 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2023 6:18PM

Wow, those are some good prizes. I know it's a bad bet but unlike the previous boxes it's actually a bit tempting.

• Options
    edited November 18, 2023 7:31PM

@fluffy155 said:
    Wow, those are some good prizes. I know it's a bad bet but unlike the previous boxes it's actually a bit tempting.

We are just speculating now, but, I have a very strong feeling that when we see the price, no one with any sense will still find it tempting.

I too was shocked when I saw the prizes. If you go back and read my first post in this thread, you'll see that my thesis for why this one might not be successful is that it is going to price out people like @WQuarterFreddie who are fans, and that people who can afford it will be too sophisticated to bite, given how VBs are priced and distributed. While also allowing for the possibility that I might be wrong, as I have been for the first 4 rounds!

• Options
    OwnerofawheatiehordeOwnerofawheatiehorde Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s just a matter of time… ;)

Type collector, mainly into Seated. Young Numismatist. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON

• Options
    edited November 18, 2023 7:04PM

PCGS, we need a> @Ownerofawheatiehorde said:

I'm not sure a discussion ever started.

• Options

@Ownerofawheatiehorde said:

One can only hope.

• Options

@jeffas1974 said:
    I haven’t bought any and I’m not sure if I ever will but it’s still an interesting product to me and I appreciate @WQuarterFreddie providing the information.

My pleasure! Looking forward to the release date and pricing of the packs. I think the box is going to be more than what I am willing to pay.🤔

This discussion has been closed.