Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Regarding Canada 1952 "Set"

Hi....Hope some knowledgeable collectors can help here. I acquired a Canada 1952 "set" in a white card wrapped in cellophane,,,..cent thru dollar. Every one of these coins appears flawless and with special, "specimen" type characteristics, i.e., fully stuck up, very crisp, flashy and importantly, without the usual bagging and scrapes you would see on business strikes pulled from a bag. The dollar has an identical look to another 1952 dollar I own that is certified as PCGS PL 64 in an old green tag holder. So what do i have here?? These do not appear to be ordinary business strike coins, but I could be wrong. I have seen "sets" online in white card that has gold lettering printed on it saying "Canada Year Set". but my set has no lettering on the card. And, I have a 1951 set, exact same thing....white card, flawless coins....help...

Answers

• GreenstangGreenstang Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will really need a picture to see what you have.
    It was not until 1954 that the RCM started putting out PL sets in white cardboard holders.
    Your set would be assembled by a third party but what coins were used is hard to say without seeing them.
    How and where did you obtain these sets?