Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Another coin from Ben The Coin Geek

lsicalsica Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭✭

Another pickup from Ben The Coin Geek (I think he actually lurks here ;) ). I'll post my own images once I have it in hand
https://www.oldpueblocoin.com

Philately will get you nowhere....

Comments

• Options
    NeophyteNumismatistNeophyteNumismatist Posts: 899 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought my 1850 Half Cent from Ben at Old Pueblo Coin. I had a very good experience - great coin at a great price. I hope everyone has the same experience I had!

@Isica that is a good looking Walker - congrats!

I am a newer collector (started April 2020), and I primarily focus on U.S. Half Cents and Type Coins. Early copper is my favorite.

• Options
    goodmoney4badmoneygoodmoney4badmoney Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭

Some Coin Geek paraphernalia... This post reminds me I should go visit his shop soon.

• Options
    DropdaflagDropdaflag Posts: 775 ✭✭✭✭

I too have purchased several coins from Ben from his website. I highly recommend. I live too far away for a casual visit and Tuscon is not high on my wife's vacation destination list.

• Options
    lsicalsica Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭✭

Received the coin yesterday and I do say I love it. The coin is relatively free from marks, IMHO the MS64 is more because of the "Branch Mint Mushiness" than hits on the coin (the hand is really flat). The spots of color in hand are much more vibrant than the TrueView, but I see the difficulty getting that in an image because it's one of those coins where the right angle of light makes a single golden brown color turn into tiny sparkles of a spectrum (ya I know the market doesn't give you points for that but I love it - makes actually taking the coin out and looking at it fun - time after time 😀) Even the die polish marks give the piece a kind of textured field! And all for a very nice price (~$110 when regular MS64s go for ~$90 on eBay)

Philately will get you nowhere....
  • Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice WLH, @Isica. Ben had better lurk here as I send him links from CU from time to time. Great guy, great shop and great YouTube channel.

BTW, Ben and Stacks are hosting the inaugural Tucson Invitational Coin Show in January and several family members and I plan to attend. Hope to see some of you there.

https://tucsoncoinshow.com/

Tim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file