Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is Alan Hagar still alive?

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not looking to start a flame war. Just trying to find out if Mr. Hagar is still with us.

I was googling today and found that Accugrade® is now a registered trademark for Caterpillar earth moving equipment:
https://www.cat.com/en_ID/support/technology/earth-moving-solutions/accugrade-grade-control-system.html

Also, the asa-accugrade.com website is no longer functioning and appears to be parked and available for purchase.

Anyone have info?

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 34,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

    So, that pile of dimes leaving the Philadelphia Mint and dumped out of a semi truck in a heap on a Walmart parking lot by thieves could have, literally, been Accugraded?

    Professional Numismatist, Retired. 55 year member ANA. Former ANA Senior Authenticator. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and ANA Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner of the PNG's 2026 Robert Friedberg Award for "The Enigmatic Lincoln Cents of 1922," Available now from Whitman or Amazon.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 25,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

    His eBay handle is/was gotjacollectibles.
    That might be a place to start.

    Another route is to PM MACGE1 a member here- who was/is a business partner and a friend of Alan.
    (MACGE1 hasn't checked in here since late 2020 so that may also be a dead end, so to speak.)

  • Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I assume this is the Alan Hager you are asking about. If so PM me and I will give you his contact information.



  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @WQuarterFreddie said:
    I assume this is the Alan Hager you are asking about. If so PM me and I will give you his contact information.

    Appreciate the response, @WQuarterFreddie . That's definitely Mr. Hagar. I hadn't heard of that service. Though it appears the macablege.com website also now appears to be deactivated.

    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Weiss said:

    @WQuarterFreddie said:
    I assume this is the Alan Hager you are asking about. If so PM me and I will give you his contact information.

    Appreciate the response, @WQuarterFreddie . That's definitely Mr. Hagar. I hadn't heard of that service. Though it appears the macablege.com website also now appears to be deactivated.

    I first met him back in 2019 after having an issue with an Ebay sale. We talked over the phone a few times and eventually met at the 2020 Whitman Coin show in Baltimore. He went all in on the W quarters and is a self proclaimed expert on them.😂🤣

    He puts a MAC sticker on the slabbed W quarters he deems "spotless".

    Again, I have his contact information if you want it.

  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭✭✭

    He banned me from his ebay auctions after I corrected him on a "top pop" coin he had listed that was incorrect. Maybe I came off too much of a smarty. Oh well!

  • Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Clackamas1Clackamas1 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @erwindoc said:
    He banned me from his ebay auctions after I corrected him on a "top pop" coin he had listed that was incorrect. Maybe I came off too much of a smarty. Oh well!

    To hell with the facts /s

  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I've got plenty of stories of his days when he would visit us in Canada at some major coin shows, but I don't want to get banned.

    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

    "“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

    "I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    AZDAVYAZDAVY Posts: 180 ✭✭✭✭

    He was alive and kicking at the Phoenix Ana show in March. I also have many stories of working with him as a teenager but I also do not want to be banned 😀

  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Please 'like' this post if you too have a story and don't want to get banned.

    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

    "“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

    "I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    fathomfathom Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I don't know, but if you want to feel old, Sammy Hagar is 76.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file