Home Sports Talk
Options

The media Patrick Mahomes fantastic. What’s wrong with Josh Allen?

2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

W.C.Fields
"I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Comments

  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I’ve seen many times this year where Mahomes will drop back, have plenty of time to throw and just can’t find an open receiver. A lot more than past years. Most of his 8 interceptions this year have come in those situations and he will decide to force the throw into traffic.
    He has complimented and thanked the Chiefs defense this year for winning games and he has vowed that the offense will get things figured out. One thing about Mahomes, he will work hard on trying to fix the offense so time will tell if they start putting up more points.

    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Darin said:
    I’ve seen many times this year where Mahomes will drop back, have plenty of time to throw and just can’t find an open receiver. A lot more than past years. Most of his 8 interceptions this year have come in those situations and he will decide to force the throw into traffic.
    He has complimented and thanked the Chiefs defense this year for winning games and he has vowed that the offense will get things figured out. One thing about Mahomes, he will work hard on trying to fix the offense so time will tell if they start putting up more points.

    Stats are similar, media opinions aren’t.

    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @2dueces said:

    @Darin said:
    I’ve seen many times this year where Mahomes will drop back, have plenty of time to throw and just can’t find an open receiver. A lot more than past years. Most of his 8 interceptions this year have come in those situations and he will decide to force the throw into traffic.
    He has complimented and thanked the Chiefs defense this year for winning games and he has vowed that the offense will get things figured out. One thing about Mahomes, he will work hard on trying to fix the offense so time will tell if they start putting up more points.

    Stats are similar, media opinions aren’t.

    It’s probably the least knowledgeable media opinions that don’t see their play this year as similar.
    Because they look at the Chiefs record at 7-2 and say hey nothing wrong with Mahomes. They look at the Bills at 5-4 and say hey what’s wrong with Allen. Fair or not a lot of the media judges the QB on the teams won loss record first and foremost.
    The Chiefs could actually have a losing record if the defense hadn’t played great so far this year and the media would really be giving hell to Mahomes.
    So that’s my opinion, but I guarantee the knowledgeable football media like Romo and Nantz, the ones who actually know football realize there’s nothing wrong with Josh Allen’s game.

    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    To give you the best answer, I would have to be a lot more dialed into this year's media narratives.

    If I had to guess, what you are seeing is a media which is saying that Mahomes is not the problem at all in Kansas City, that he is pretty much the same old Mahomes but due to other things the team doesn't look as good as usual, though they still have a very good record and it at first in their division.

    Also, the stats comparing the two are for a down year for Mahomes, but they are being seen through rosier glasses?

  • Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Maybe it's a relationship with media thing? Patrick seems to be a great guy who is liked by so many (including media) and Josh may not have that same effect on everyone like Patrick?? Could this be the reason for a perceived media bias one way or the other??

  • Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I'm gonna shut up on this one... :)

  • Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭

    Dont forget the Taylor Swift factor. I know it sounds silly but they do have a much bigger reason to keep Patrick propped up. It is a down year for Patrick but hes still very good overall. KC seems to be falling into the we dont need WRs and our QB will make it work trap a bit, but they still have one of the best TEs ever.

    Media wise its much better to prop up a more electric QB on a team that has won the SB recently and now has Taylor Swift coming to games over Allen. Malhomes is better than Allen which isnt a knock on him at all, it just gets less clicks and attention writing about Allen over KC at this point

  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2023 10:24AM

    Because Mahomes has 2 Super Bowl victories under his belt. That's the bottom line, nothing more nothing less, it's unfair but it is what it is.

    There is the thought process that Allen will make mistakes at crucial times during games, Mahomes typically does not

  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @perkdog said:
    Because Majomes has 2 Super Bowl victories under his belt. That's the bottom line, nothing more nothing less, it's unfair but it is what it is.

    There is the thought process that Allen will make mistakes at crucial times during games, Mahomes typically does not

    Pat also has two regular season MVPs on top of two SBMVP awards. Pat Mahomes gets it done in the game's biggest moments, Josh Allen doesn't.

  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

    13 seconds to go, same scenario AFC Championship game like it happened, would Allen or Mahomes be your guy?

    I'm going with Mahomes every time

  • Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I really would like to get some typing in here on this topic…though I really do not want to mess up someone’s MoJo and or put the Curse and or Whammy and Screw Up their thinking….so I’ll shut up….

    Um…you guys know who I would pick…if you guys here Need A Clue on which one I’d pick: take a look at my Hy-Vee cereal box and or some of my unopened blaster’s & Hanger's

    or the final score… B)

  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @perkdog said:
    13 seconds to go, same scenario AFC Championship game like it happened, would Allen or Mahomes be your guy?

    I'm going with Mahomes every time

    I wasn’t comparing who would be the choice at QB. I’m just saying the media treats them much, much differently.
    Remember Allen led the Bills down with what should’ve been the winning score. If and but the Bills didn’t choke the reaction would be how great Allen was, not 13 seconds. I’d still take Allen in that spot with KC’s weapons that year

    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @2dueces said:

    @perkdog said:
    13 seconds to go, same scenario AFC Championship game like it happened, would Allen or Mahomes be your guy?

    I'm going with Mahomes every time

    I wasn’t comparing who would be the choice at QB. I’m just saying the media treats them much, much differently.
    Remember Allen led the Bills down with what should’ve been the winning score. If and but the Bills didn’t choke the reaction would be how great Allen was, not 13 seconds. I’d still take Allen in that spot with KC’s weapons that year

    My first post answered your question the way I perceive it.

    I added the Allen vs Mahomes scenario after, don't get me wrong, I like Allen and I don't put that loss on him at all but in that scenario I'm going with Mahomes but again that's just my opinion.

  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,957 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Don't listen to the media, they're full of crap, always have been!

  • Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

    .

  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

    With all the TV ad exposure PM and Kelce receive you get the feeling Madison Ave. has them already winning the SB.

    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Forget those 2 bums, I still take my Tommy!!!!

    George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @craig44 said:
    Forget those 2 bums, I still take my Tommy!!!!

    ....
    I know you are being tongue in cheek calling them bums. But point well taken. There is no one you wanted over him. One play. One drive. One game

Sign In or Register to comment.