Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Spanish Philippine Peso's - Looking for a dealer with inventory

United States / Philippines Peso's -

I'm trying to locate a dealer that has a few of these in their inventory. Spanish Philippine Peso's, these are gold coins in one, two and four peso denominations. Would prefer them to be graded by PCGS.

Any help would be appreciated -

Sometimes I think that animals are smarter than humans, animals would never allow the dumbest one to lead the pack

Comments

• kruegerkrueger Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

Collected PHILIPPINES since 1975.
    Know of no one with inventory per se.
    You will have to search everywhere. Ebay, lists ,auctions ,shows etc.. ask world coin dealers at shows for leads.
    A piece here and there usually raw circulated. These are quite scarce.
    Long term you might find some. But figure on years of searching..
    You didn't want it easy did you? No fun in that.

• MizzouMizzou Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭

I have a few of the one and two peso's in PCGS holder's that I picked up years ago. I recently decided to try and add a few more coins to the set. I've found everything you said to be true. I just imagine that if I come across a nice one, they'll be asking way more than it's worth.

Sometimes I think that animals are smarter than humans, animals would never allow the dumbest one to lead the pack

• kruegerkrueger Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

Yes, way too much. Dealers inflate their prices way above what you could sell the same forunless you hold for a decade or more. Auctions better place to hunt and sell . Unless the coin is a lower grade. Some of the monthly auctions by the big houses get only dealers bidding and you get much less than what a dealer overpriced to you when you bought it. High grade scarce material will get good prices. I assume I will,take some losses when I upgrade
    And sell my duplicate. The cost of collecting and upgrading.

• ELuisELuis Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have seen the 2 Pesos, AU condition in the range of $500-$600 not graded.

• MizzouMizzou Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭

@ELuis said:
    I have seen the 2 Pesos, AU condition in the range of $500-$600 not graded.

I see those once in awhile. I'd like to buy certified examples because it seems like a lot of the Spanish Philippine coins have been cleaned, ex jewelry or some other issue.

• ELuisELuis Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is one 4 Pesos MS62 NGC at AtlasNumismatics.com - btw

• 1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭✭

There are 6 on Heritage.

Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay