Home Sports Talk

I see that the Eagles are not playing this week

stevekstevek Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see that the Eagles are not playing this week. That can only mean one thing - that some team forfeited the game.

The team that forfeited, which for some reason I can't find the news story yet on the internet, but I'll keep searching, no doubt feared getting stomped by the 8-1 Eagles, which happens to be the best record in the NFL.

Please, no disparaging remarks about the team that forfeited. Have mercy on them and show some sympathy. It actually was the wise move, rather than risk the humiliation of getting taken behind the woodshed by the Philadelphia Eagles.

Hopefully next week the opposing team won't forfeit, and will show-up to receive their expected beat down.

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish the Patriots weren't playing this week 😒

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,801 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry Steve but next week the Eagles will be in KC and will be handed their second loss of the season. 🤭😂

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    Sorry Steve but next week the Eagles will be in KC and will be handed their second loss of the season. 🤭😂

That should be one heckuva football game.

I hoping the Eagles get payback for the Super Bowl loss. But Andy Reid certainly knows how to keep his team motivated.

@perkdog said:
    I wish the Patriots weren't playing this week 😒

Paul - No worries. Reduced price and free shipping. 😉

All 6 New England Patriots Super Bowl VICTORIES on DVD - 2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016 & 2018 - Tom Brady & Bill Belichick

You get all 6 Super Bowls. All games are full games not highlights. DVDs come in plain sleeves.

Super Bowl XXXVI vs St. Louis
    Super Bowl XXXVIII vs Carolina
    Super Bowl XXXIX vs Philadelphia
    Super Bowl XLIX vs Seattle
    Super Bowl LI vs Atlanta
    Super Bowl LIII vs LA Rams

As always, shipping is free in the U.S.!

All 6 New England Patriots Super Bowl VICTORIES on DVD - 01, 03, 04, 14, 16 & 18
    $59.99 Regular Price
    $41.99 Sale Price

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,801 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@Darin said:

I hoping the Eagles get payback for the Super Bowl loss. But Andy Reid certainly knows how to keep his team motivated.

It’s weird because the Chiefs defense has been carrying the offense this year. It’s like going back to the Schottenheimer years.
    But Mahomes has said publicly that they are going to get the offense figured out.
    It’s a Monday night game, all I can wish you is that your team suffers no injuries.

@Darin said:

@stevek said:

@Darin said:

It’s weird because the Chiefs defense has been carrying the offense this year. It’s like going back to the Schottenheimer years.
    But Mahomes has said publicly that they are going to get the offense figured out.
    It’s a Monday night game, all I can wish you is that your team suffers no injuries.

Jalen Hurts is going to need to bring his A game to this one. No costly fumbles or interceptions, or it could get ugly.

I don't bet the games, but i still enjoy trying to figure the lines for the fun of it. I just now contemplated the line and thought it would be Chiefs -5 1/2. I just looked, and it turns out the early line is Chiefs -2 1/2. I'm not usually off by that much on an Eagles game.

But thinking about it right now, perhaps the books are giving the Eagles some points for the rest coming off the bye week?

Dam, now i just noticed the Chiefs will also be coming off a bye week.

Well the books then are figuring in something that I'm not seeing. Perhaps the offense "problem" that you mentioned with the Chiefs is factoring into it?

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,879 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh Yeah...4 Sure I'll be looking forward to next Monday night... :)

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you miss your Eagles the other Eagles (band) is on tour now :)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    If you miss your Eagles the other Eagles (band) is on tour now :)

Interesting you should mention that. I've never done this but I've looked into it, a good friend of mine does fairly well at flipping concert tickets. He tries to anticipate demand for an upcoming concert, and depending on the seat, sees it as a flip opportunity. He will buy the ticket, usually a set of two tickets, off StubHub or one of those venues, and immediately relist at a higher price. Not every flip try is a winner, but he has had some very nice scores.

He's done the same with sports tickets. A few times he's tried to anticipate how a team will do for the season, and buy a group of late season tickets, and it the team is doing well, then he does quite well with the flip due to the higher demand. However with this type of flip attempt, he's has some bad losers as well, because if the team doesn't do well, those end of season tickets are basically worthless.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

I cant wait to see that KC/Phila game. It is going to be great!!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.