Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Rarer Date Mercury Dimes Pricing ?? (TOO CHEAP)

FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
Come On folks where do these Low Prices come from for the Low Population Mercury Dimes or for that Matter Any Low Population Coin. Supply and Demand should enter into this Equation but Heck when there is Demand with No Supply how do these Prices stay so Low ??
    I am Saying this because I just went to the Heritage Site and Clicked on the Auction Results for some Certain Dates they are Selling in NYC. A couple of the Dimes have Shown in thier Auctions Only 4 or 5 times Since 1996. Geez thats Not enough to Supply the Registry People Here let Alone the Mulitude of Collectors that Do Not get Involved in the Registry Sets.
      Give me some Ideas because this is a Source of Amazement for Me.image
        Ken

Comments

• Options
          Ken,
          Those prices they have listed are a joke,example they have the 28-p in 67fb selling
          for between 50-60 dollars,should be more like $5000 thats a low pop coin,and the
          20-d 66fb is the same one that sold at auction in january for $4600,I think they estimate
          $2500 or so,they are dreaming
          Tim
          LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb
        • Options
          Here is a Example of One of the Dimes.
            The 1930S in PCGS MS66 has shown in Heritage Auctions 5 Times since 1998. Only 2 of the Coins were PCGS Coins and Yet they Estimate the Coin selling for $230 to $295. Cheap for a Coin that Shows that Few times in 4 Years. Maybe this Coin, Date and Grade is Not Worthy of Being Put in a Major Auction. Is this True ?
          1. Options
            DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ken,

The auction date is still too far off. You will see a big change in all bids, not just Mercs, for nice coins.
            Look around at other series, it's the same all over.

I kinda like that 30-S myself. I think I would break even on points since I have a 64FB, but I'm thinking a 66 might be better.

Jon
          2. Options
            I am going for the 27D...imageimage since it is so cheap....lol
            Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
          3. Options
            DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dennis,

No no, that's mine!

Jon
          4. Options
            See ...I Told You there were Not Enough too Go Around for Everyone !!! Nice Dime, Nice Date. Lets See Who Gets This One. image I believe there are a Couple More in this Heritage Auction that Guys are Going to Bump Heads on also. image Hmmm.........