Home Sports Talk

Are the Bengals the best team in the AFC right now?

craig44craig44 Posts: 11,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

Joe cool seems pretty much over the injury and is creating plays all over the field. Is Cinci the team to beat right NOW?

As a side note, does this add credence to the importance of the starting QB? Average (injured) Joe equals bad team. great Joe equals world beater

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

Comments

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

At the moment they are a top contender. But with 8 games to go anything can happen. Don’t forget we were crowning the 49ers as the greatest team of all time and then they lost 3 in a row.
    The Ravens look unbeatable but they have Lamar Jackson and he’s prone to a bad play at crucial times.
    The Chiefs are kinda playing down to their competition and don’t look like the Chiefs of old
    Let’s see what happened in the next 4 weeks

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    At the moment they are a top contender. But with 8 games to go anything can happen. Don’t forget we were crowning the 49ers as the greatest team of all time and then they lost 3 in a row.
    The Ravens look unbeatable but they have Lamar Jackson and he’s prone to a bad play at crucial times.
    The Chiefs are kinda playing down to their competition and don’t look like the Chiefs of old
    Let’s see what happened in the next 4 weeks

Well said

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably until some other team gets hot. This year has its usual hot/cold runs. I think it was last year Cinn had a hot run then Cleveland upset them.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

no clue who is going to come out of the AFC, but it's gonna be hella fun to watch and find out

logically it makes sense that it'll be Mahomes with the best defense he's ever had, but logic and the NFL are incapable of coexisting harmoniously

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    no clue who is going to come out of the AFC, but it's gonna be hella fun to watch and find out

logically it makes sense that it'll be Mahomes with the best defense he's ever had, but logic and the NFL are incapable of coexisting harmoniously

Its his most talented defense, but also his least talented offense.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Basebal21 said:

@galaxy27 said:

Excluding Kelce/TEs, their receiving corps might be the worst in the league.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@Basebal21 said:

@galaxy27 said:

Excluding Kelce/TEs, their receiving corps might be the worst in the league.

Like Brady, Mahomes can make an average team look great. And no I’m not comparing Brady to anyone but he did a heck of a lot in years that the talent around him was sub par.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

For some reason the Bengals always seem to start off the season slow, then they pick it up, this is right about the time they usually start getting good. I don't think anyone will be looking forward to playing them.

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure if Bengals are hot right now or just finally approaching their potential. The Bengals are just like any other team - when your main players are hurting, the whole team's preformance suffers.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"