Home Sports Talk

2023 World Series Arizona vs Texas

thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Texas wins game 1 in extra innings.

Texas was down 4-2 going into the bottom of the 9th. They were 0-44 in the regular season when trailing by 2 or more runs in the 9th.

Comments

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just shows to go ya - The Texas win on Friday was a fluke 🤠

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's MLB, anything can happen. Texas was very good team the first half of the season, but the way they played the 2nd half makes it a huge surprise that they made it this far.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Garcia is quite the player. a quintessential hit-or-miss guy. in the postseason he has had 59 ABs and has struck out 17 times. but he has also hit 8 home runs and driven in 22.

and guess what? the one Rangers game i went to this season he struck out his first 4 at-bats, then cranked one in the 9th to win the game.

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

Looks like Texas has come out swinging tonight! 3-0 4th

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

I check the box scores in the morning, but i have to say, this is as uninterested as I have ever been in the World Series.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    I check the box scores in the morning, but i have to say, this is as uninterested as I have ever been in the World Series.

Game 1 was awesome. Game 2 was pretty boring and Game 3 was fine. Its been better than most of the playoffs so far. Not every game is going to be back and forth or a tie late, but the playoffs in general this year have just been very boring. Way to many sweeps, very few lead changes and most games had none, most games were won by who ever had the lead at the end of the 3rd inning etc.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

Texas up 3 games to 1

Guess I jinxed it, that game was a snooze fest

Missouri 14 OSU 3

Garcia and Mad Max removed from the WS roster for the Rangers.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭

I hope the Rangers get it over tonight so we can get on with the hot stove league. I am getting bored with no sports to watch on TV right now as I have no interest in football at all anymore and the world series sucks this year,

@Basebal21 said:

@craig44 said:

Game 1 was awesome. Game 2 was pretty boring and Game 3 was fine. Its been better than most of the playoffs so far. Not every game is going to be back and forth or a tie late, but the playoffs in general this year have just been very boring. Way to many sweeps, very few lead changes and most games had none, most games were won by who ever had the lead at the end of the 3rd inning etc.

yeah, I just havent been into it very much this postseason. I was somewhat interested to see if Harper could get back to the Series, and when the Philies were eliminated I totally lost interest.

I think part of it is the lack of number-one ace starters. I used to love the drama of one team or both having a true number one and the other team trying to crack that armor. Guys like Pedro, Johnson, Clemens, Schilling and Smoltz. They created a lot of excitement. when a runner got on, every pitch seemed magnified as one or 2 runs could be it for a team against one of those teams. A true number one, who could pitch games 1,4 and 7 added a lot of drama to 7 game series for me.

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

In line with Craig's thoughts on Aces, I HATE the managers over reacting to every little blip a pitcher has and they trot in someone else from the bullpen. Heaney had a 10 run lead and they would only let him pitch 5 innings.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.

@craig44 said:

@Basebal21 said:

@craig44 said:

yeah, I just havent been into it very much this postseason. I was somewhat interested to see if Harper could get back to the Series, and when the Philies were eliminated I totally lost interest.

I think part of it is the lack of number-one ace starters. I used to love the drama of one team or both having a true number one and the other team trying to crack that armor. Guys like Pedro, Johnson, Clemens, Schilling and Smoltz. They created a lot of excitement. when a runner got on, every pitch seemed magnified as one or 2 runs could be it for a team against one of those teams. A true number one, who could pitch games 1,4 and 7 added a lot of drama to 7 game series for me.

Theres been some fun stories like Garcia whose now done for the year and Seager being on a tear. One of the more fun ones is that with the Dbacks making the WS every team that has beaten the Brewers in the playoffs has made the WS. But yea overall these playoffs have been very boring.

There are aces on both teams though Max is hurt and out again and deGrom has been out for a while. They arent to the level of the HOFers you mentioned but the new rules probably means we might not ever see that again to that extent.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

@Alfonz24 said:
    In line with Craig's thoughts on Aces, I HATE the managers over reacting to every little blip a pitcher has and they trot in someone else from the bullpen. Heaney had a 10 run lead and they would only let him pitch 5 innings.

Some of that is the front office, but its also smart to take him out with a 10 run lead that early. Its still possible a game 7 could happen and youd want him as fresh as possible for that game if it did happen. If a team cant hold a 10 run lead they deserve to lose and theres no reason to max him out to protect it.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭

I guess everybody feels about the same as I do about the series.
    I just want to see it over so we can see what these GMs do in the post season.
    The Red Sox have a new man in place so hopefully Henry opens up his fat wallet and lets him do something.

@tommyrusty7 said:
    The Red Sox have a new man in place so hopefully Henry opens up his fat wallet and lets him do something.

Do we have any Rangers fans on the forum?

I live 30 minutes from the Rangers stadium. I am a Boston teams fan, but I've lived here long enough to know a lot of Rangers fans. They've never won it, and listening to sports radio just now, the guys that I know are from here, born and raised, sound like little kids with how excited they are about this.

Well that sure was a quick series. Not much fanfare = boring World Series indeed.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks to Texas for the $ win.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,201 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations to Texas

@thisistheshow said:

@tommyrusty7 said:

Do we have any Rangers fans on the forum?

I live 30 minutes from the Rangers stadium. I am a Boston teams fan, but I've lived here long enough to know a lot of Rangers fans. They've never won it, and listening to sports radio just now, the guys that I know are from here, born and raised, sound like little kids with how excited they are about this.

I didnt really have a rooting interest, but I am glad for longsuffering fans that they finally get a ring!!

I wish the Buffalo Bills could just get their fanbase 1 SB...

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭

Never thought I'd see the day.

Dad and me with Toby Harrah, Arlington Stadium, 1975. We always sat in the bleachers.

Dad is gone now, but our beloved Rangers are finally World Series champs.

For you, Dad. Miss you.

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jerry Jones on the Rangers win: