Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Fresh from Grading... Foreign Notes

Sent is a handful of notes to have graded. Other than a $1k FRN, these are the only notes I've ever had submitted.
The British Honduras will just go into my PC. The St Pierre and Yugo were just so nice I wanted them entombed... not a lot of value however. The Canadian notes were in a collection that belongs to my mother -in-law. They were her in her father's collection. I purchased the rest of the collection of coins and currency but there are still to albums of foreign and US currency she isn't ready to part with.
Just thought I would share.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com

Comments

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonderful examples @PROMETHIUS88 , thanks for sharing bud.

• Options
    Serial_no_8Serial_no_8 Posts: 426 ✭✭✭

They're all very nice. Super grades on the British $1 & $5 from British Honduras. I rarely see notes from the Bank of Western Canada.

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well you know those Canadian obsoletes are my favorites. It's interesting to see that they both look AU in terms of wear or folds but each has a minor problem (Aging, minor margin damage) that seems to have downgraded them to VF as a net grade. They are nicer than VFs.

The Canadian Bank of Commerce, with their beautiful A.E. Foringer designs have long been favorites. I helped put together the large box of proofs from this bank that Christies sold in June 1991. There were probably more proofs and related material from this bank than any other in the ABN Archives, $5-$100, large and small. Extensive numbers of tint proofs, progress and approval proofs. The quantities and variety of dates issued has left many issued notes on this bank to collect, although the $50 and $100s are considerably scarcer.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sellitstore said:
    Well you know those Canadian obsoletes are my favorites. It's interesting to see that they both look AU in terms of wear or folds but each has a minor problem (Aging, minor margin damage) that seems to have downgraded them to VF as a net grade. They are nicer than VFs.

Yeah, the one has the minor edge damage and the other toning. The Bank of Commerce has some staining on the reverse.
    That's interesting information. I know the collection contains a few more older Canadian notes but I can't recall what they are at the moment. At some point, I hope to buy all of it. There would be some nice notes to put back.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sharp color on the Hondo notes. First time I've ever seen older Canadian notes.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".