Home Sports Talk

@4for4, The show is yours now

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a confession to make and this isn't easy, but it occurred to me that the real reason I flipped out on the OJ thread is as simple as this, jealousy. When I first found my way to the sports forum years ago, the place was rather dull at times and lacking in activity, so I took it upon myself to get this place going again and began to start threads at a rapid pace to revive interest, in hopes that people would want to come over here and join in on the fun. Well, as time went on I began to feel responsible for the success or failure of this place, based on my ability to create topics of interest to everyone, and truth be told, I'm out of gas, I no longer have it. When @4for4 came along and began having success in his ability to create threads and topics of interest, I guess I just felt useless, like a failure, jealous of his abilities, and I apologize to everyone for that and I apologize to @4for4 for taking it out on him, he did nothing wrong to deserve for me to snap at him. It's time for me to accept that I no longer have it, but @4for4 you do have it, a gift, a knack for creating topics of interest and you need to use that ability, you're really good at this. I understand the forum belongs to everyone, and we all contribute,
but some people just have a gift for this type of stuff, for keeping people interested enough to want to be here everyday. So @4for4, the show is yours now, it's time for me to be put out to pasture. I will still be here posting, but not interfering with the success of this place. Yes, Bessie is putting himself out to pasture, and honestly, I'm comfortable and happy with my new role.

Comments

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I have a confession to make and this isn't easy, but it occurred to me that the real reason I flipped out on the OJ thread is as simple as this, jealousy. When I first found my way to the sports forum years ago, the place was rather dull at times and lacking in activity, so I took it upon myself to get this place going again and began to start threads at a rapid pace to revive interest, in hopes that people would want to come over here and join in on the fun. Well, as time went on I began to feel responsible for the success or failure of this place, based on my ability to create topics of interest to everyone, and truth be told, I'm out of gas, I no longer have it. When @4for4 came along and began having success in his ability to create threads and topics of interest, I guess I just felt useless, like a failure, jealous of his abilities, and I apologize to everyone for that and I apologize to @4for4 for taking it out on him, he did nothing wrong to deserve for me to snap at him. It's time for me to accept that I no longer have it, but @4for4 you do have it, a gift, a knack for creating topics of interest and you need to use that ability, you're really good at this. I understand the forum belongs to everyone, and we all contribute,
    but some people just have a gift for this type of stuff, for keeping people interested enough to want to be here everyday. So @4for4, the show is yours now, it's time for me to be put out to pasture. I will still be here posting, but not interfering with the success of this place. Yes, Bessie is putting himself out to pasture, and honestly, I'm comfortable and happy with my new role.

🤔

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure why, but a cheesesteak flashed in my mind. 🥩

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

Naaaah, your not washed at all DD, you just need to take a little time and come back for your second act.

lots of people have done it. just think, you could be the next Jessica Alba. Start out as a beautiful actress, come back with a second act of starting her own cosmetics business that is now worth 1.7 Billion!!!

you just wait till Aaron Rodgers starts getting into the news more frequently.

you will get the itch...

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

@craig44 said:
    Naaaah, your not washed at all DD, you just need to take a little time and come back for your second act.

lots of people have done it. just think, you could be the next Jessica Alba. Start out as a beautiful actress, come back with a second act of starting her own cosmetics business that is now worth 1.7 Billion!!!

you will get the itch...

Dam - you're saying DD may some day be worth 1.7 billion?

I gotta start being nicer to him. Maybe he could lend me some money so I can buy a 52 Mantle?

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    So you're saying you won't be starting many threads, just hanging around doing... udder stuff?

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the replies everyone, I've been here for 4 years or so, and I've done threads on just about everything I can think of, you name it I've probably done it, and I'm just out of gas. I'll start threads every now and then but @4for4 really has a knack for this type of thing and he has a brilliant mind for sports topics, it's time for Bessiedragon to move aside and let the man do his thing, and I'm being sincere, he really is good at this stuff.

I'm using the cow comparison because it applies to situations where it's time to realize and accept that you no longer have it, you're past prime, and it's time to retire. I'll be doing threads in the future from time to time, just not like I used to. Honestly, I'm just out of interesting ideas and 4for4 is good at this stuff, he's picked up a lot of my slack over the months.

@perkdog said:
    DD your still the man buddy

I respect the hell out of you for posting your feelings like did, like I mentioned before everyone should enjoy this forum as they see fit without attacking anyone's opinions ( within reason 🔥🤬😅)

We got a solid group here and your a massive part of it. Hopefully @4for4 will swing back in

🍻

Thanks buddy, and honestly I feel the pressure everyday when I'm here, the pressure to keep this place interesting and it does overwhelm me at times, it's a relief to get this off my chest. 🖒

DD,you've got nothing to apologize for when you're not willing to celebrate a human pos like OJ. When a certain athlete is most famously known for heinous incidents that were off of the field of play like Simpson,Vick,Aaron Hernandez and many others,you have every right to state how you feel about these scumbags.

Don't change brother and don't go anywhere. You're still the Maestro of ST so you don't need to concede a thing here,we'll just call this an offseason for you. 😉

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

you will get the itch...

Dam - you're saying DD may some day come back looking like Jessica Alba?

I gotta start being nicer to him. Maybe he could give me some if I dump my gf?

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

First of all, ...no. I have much to say, but I will not. Lol

Seriously though, what happens if fo fo fo (Moses Malone reference to cheer up @stevek) doesn't return?

@stevek said:

@craig44 said:

you will get the itch...

Dam - you're saying DD may some day be worth 1.7 billion?

I gotta start being nicer to him. Maybe he could lend me some money so I can buy a 52 Mantle?

and maybe even as hot as Jessica Alba!!!

@galaxy27 said:

@craig44 said:

you will get the itch...

Dam - you're saying DD may some day come back looking like Jessica Alba?

I gotta start being nicer to him. Maybe he could give me some if I dump my gf?

yes, and when he comes back looking like Jessica Alba, i expect some amazing avatars...

@erikthredd said:
    DD,you've got nothing to apologize for when you're not willing to celebrate a human pos like OJ. When a certain athlete is most famously known for heinous incidents that were off of the field of play like Simpson,Vick,Aaron Hernandez and many others,you have every right to state how you feel about these scumbags.

Don't change brother and don't go anywhere. You're still the Maestro of ST so you don't need to concede a thing here,we'll just call this an offseason for you. 😉

Thanks buddy, I've always enjoyed your presence here on the forum, I still remember when I first joined CU you sent me a PM about Joe Louis cards, you're a cool dude, very down to Earth. 🍻

And @erikthredd is one of the smartest guys on the forum about sports, I seriously think he could be a GM or head coach.

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

DD.

I play around the Sports Talk Forum occasionally (liking the Denver Broncos and basketball in general). Your presence has definitely made this place lively and interesting. Thanks for your efforts.

Take some time away and if coming back to the Sports Forum (at your previous level or some other level) provides you with benefits that out weigh the time and effort to participate then go for it. :) If not, then enjoy doing other things.

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

Thanks buddy, I've always enjoyed your presence here on the forum, I still remember when I first joined CU you sent me a PM about Joe Louis cards, you're a cool dude, very down to Earth. 🍻

Who is this Joe Louis you speak of? I wasn't aware that you've ever heard of that guy. 😎

@doubledragon said:
    And @erikthredd is one of the smartest guys on the forum about sports, I seriously think he could be a GM or head coach.

Oh stop it,you're too much.

Today is actually my 49th birthday so i do appreciate the kind words.

I think its every fans fantasy to want to play Gm for their favorite sports teams but I could never do it. After the first year or two I could come here to the yearly NE Patriots Official Discussion Thread just to see whats being said and it would be my name getting ripped daily instead of Bill Belichick's. 🤣😂🤣

@SanctionII, thank you for the kind words, I've always enjoyed your input and opinions on the forum. 🖒

@erikthredd, You're just being modest, a lot of times I'm blown away by your in depth analysis of the Patriots and Celtics, and happy 49th birthday buddy! 🍻

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

Who is this Joe Louis you speak of? I wasn't aware that you've ever heard of that guy. 😎

@doubledragon said:

Oh stop it,you're too much.

Today is actually my 49th birthday so i do appreciate the kind words.

I think its every fans fantasy to want to play Gm for their favorite sports teams but I could never do it. After the first year or two I could come here to the yearly NE Patriots Official Discussion Thread just to see whats being said and it would be my name getting ripped daily instead of Bill Belichick's. 🤣😂🤣

Happy Birthday! 🥳 🎉

Again, what happens when 4for4 doesn't return, at least not...

Is this all for naught?

Do you still feel the pressure, @doubledragon ?

This thread has left me with more questions than answers.

@thisistheshow said:
    First of all, ...no. I have much to say, but I will not. Lol

Seriously though, what happens if fo fo fo (Moses Malone reference to cheer up @stevek) doesn't return?

After yesterday's Phillies debacle, good memories of that great 76er's season cheered me up a bit. Thank you! 👍

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

I was saying radio or TV but yeah now that you mention it I'd take him over Belichick 😏

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

I was saying radio or TV but yeah now that you mention it I'd take him over Belichick 😏

Sounds like someone is schmoozing up to land the defensive coordinator job. Make sure Stevie B hits the road with his old man and the job is yours. 👍

@thisistheshow said:

Is this all for naught?

First off, it's not doubledragon, it's Bessiedragon and I'm out to pasture. I'm just going to roam around for a while and eat some grass.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

Sounds like someone is schmoozing up to land the defensive coordinator job. Make sure Stevie B hits the road with his old man and the job is yours. 👍

Hahaha deal!!!

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

Is this all for naught?

First off, it's not doubledragon, it's Bessiedragon and I'm out to pasture. I'm just going to roam around for a while and eat some grass.

You could become MM for MeadowMuffin.

I hope you become the Thread Starter Emeritus.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.

@Alfonz24 said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

Is this all for naught?

You could become MM for MeadowMuffin.

I hope you become the Thread Starter Emeritus.

No, I cannot start threads, I am employed by Mayfield Creamery now. Try our chocolate ice cream sandwiches, straight from our dairy to your freezer, take some home today!

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,801 ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly I think you might be overestimating 4for4’s ability to generate topics of interest, but maybe that’s just me.
    A lot of them seem to morph into an argument about how great or mediocre Terry Bradshaw was.

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

Is this all for naught?

No problem. On future remarks to you I will use BD. 😉

@Darin said:
    Honestly I think you might be overestimating 4for4’s ability to generate topics of interest, but maybe that’s just me.
    A lot of them seem to morph into an argument about how great or mediocre Terry Bradshaw was.

😜😂😂😂😂

From a double dragon to a female cow, just like that.

@thisistheshow said:

Yes, sad isn't it? I've gone from talking about sports on the best forum in the world, to pole dancing in a barnhouse for my daily rations.

• dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:

It's not just you.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

do you ladies all go dress shopping together? :D

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:

Yes, sad isn't it? I've gone from talking about sports on the best forum in the world, to pole dancing in a barnhouse for my daily rations.

DD, you need to get ahold of yourself.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

Today is actually my 49th birthday

feliz cumpleaños homeboy.......hope you are enjoying your special day

OF COURSE it's on opening night 🏀

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have decoded DDs cryptic message. He has bought a chick-fil-a franchise. I was wondering why I had an urge for a spicey deluxe chicken snadwich.

@doubledragon said:

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • MartinMartin Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who’s 4for4. DD is the man around here

Martin

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2023 10:50AM

Quit your whining DD! That is all - carry on :D

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"