Home Autographs Forum
Options

PSA Verification William Shatner Autographed Card

Just checking to see if this slabbed psa card autographed by William Shatner is authenticated by PSA. When I put ion the number it gives two certificates, one for the card grade and one for PSA DNA Autographed and Non-Autographed Memorabilia, but the PSA DNA one does not mention the primary subject of the autograph. Let me know what you think. PSA Certification number is 17705743.

https://www.psacard.com/cert/17705743

Comments

• Options
    JMS1223JMS1223 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

If does NOT say “authentic autograph” so I don’t believe this was authenticated. The submitter simply had it encapsulated as a grade/card only.

• Options

It came with scoreboard authentication.

• Options
    JMS1223JMS1223 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

The autograph could definitely be authentic but I don’t believe PSA used their authentication services on this. Instead I think they used their card grading services on it. It might had been sent in later for autograph authentication so that is why it doesn’t say “AUTHENTIC AUTOGRAPH” on the slab label but it’s still authentic. It might just be a harder sell since it’s not explicitly stated on the holder. You could break it out and resubmit it for authentication instead of grading so there is no confusion.

• Options

Apparently that is how psa did some of their earlier dual certs with the barcodes. It did not say auto on the label.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

A little confusing with that (presumably) older label format, but the text detail you posted dies mention "signature" and it identifies the card, so maybe the assumption is that Shatner is the one signing it.

• Options

Apparently It's been authenticated, just confusing from the certification text and label.