Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Happy to be back!!!

TheGoonies1985TheGoonies1985 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 14, 2023 7:06PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

Well could not get into collecting sports cards (did not buy any at all). I spent to many years learning about Latin American coins and history. So I sat on my funds and picked up some nice pieces for my Mexican 1732-1771 1 real collection ( this is the only series I will be collecting at least for a decade at some point may go after cap & rays) and continuing to study as much as I can. I will this time be not so much on Pruebas nerves and simply show him respect. I shake his hand in peace and will be glad to mostly just read vs writing to much. Looking forward to following Latin American coin auctions like those at HA with you gentlemen here.

Here is a nice 1 real I picked up back in July 2023:

Got a filler 1733 1 real MX MF graded by NGC (numerical but low grade) I am happy with it. Looks nice in person and will upgrade as time goes. I am buying better quality coins now and moving forward will do the same unless the coin is rare. Taking the advice you guys have been telling for years and applying it. My coins will not all be mint state but will for sure go after numerically graded coins a lot more moving forward. I have added some nice 1 reales in the last few months.

Comments

• MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 24,232 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to see you stick with coins. Misery loves company! ;)

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • TheGoonies1985TheGoonies1985 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2023 10:23AM

@MrEureka said:
    Glad to see you stick with coins. Misery loves company! ;)

I still have all my coin books and history books so that is a huge bonus. And a few coins I never sold.

Looking forward to Heritages auction in January of 2024 hopefully they have a few coins I need for my set.