Home Sports Talk

Bryce Harper or Reggie Jackson

4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭
edited October 13, 2023 4:30AM in Sports Talk

Who do you trade from your team if they are both rookies and on your roster and you expect these kind of numbers from both.

Bryce ———————————— Reggie

Forum members on ignore
Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
daltex

Bryce Harper or Reggie Jackson

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bryce for sure

Bryce is the new Mr. October

• 4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭
    edited October 13, 2023 5:26AM

@perkdog said:

Good morning Perk. Did you have your coffee yet 😊 ?
    Please reread the question.😊

Forum members on ignore
    Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
    daltex

• 1948_Swell_Robinson1948_Swell_Robinson Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m trading Reggie

I'm keeping Bryce Harper. He is a beast. He still has some great years ahead of him. He has had a bit of the injury bug in his career though, including this year, so hopefully that doesn't persist going forward.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m trading Reggie

If I'm expecting those type of numbers for their entire career then I'm trading Reggie, only to regret it in the end.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m trading Reggie

Nevermind, I don't know anything about baseball, I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, I'll stick to boxing from here on!

edited October 13, 2023 7:27AM
    Bryce for sure

@4for4 said:

@perkdog said:

Good morning Perk. Did you have your coffee yet 😊 ?
    Please reread the question.😊

I actually didn't when I posted, my apologies 😅

Funny though because I had it in my mind to start a thread on Harper being the new Mr.October.

I will re read the OP and give proper input 😁

edited October 13, 2023 7:27AM
    Bryce for sure

I would trade Reggie, I could be wrong but I thought I've read some stuff about Reggie being not a great clubhouse guy with lots of crazy outside drama with him.

Basically Reggie was a Diva before Divas became a thing 🤷

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some players just have that dog in them. That clutch gene. That will to win. Something immeasurable, but you know it when you see it. Heart.

And as obvious as it is when guys have "it", it's even more glaringly obvious when guys don't.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,801 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would trade Reggie and throw in Mr. IRL Trout so the other manager had someone to sit in the dugout with to talk about the weather.

I like Harper more and more as the years go by, he is turning into a great team leader in addition to his clutch play.

• ApplejacksApplejacks Posts: 384 ✭✭✭
    I’m trading Reggie

Move over Reggie there’s a new sheriff in town.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 13, 2023 8:12AM
    I’m trading Reggie

Never liked Reggie. Guy got more mileage out of 1 game than anyone else in MLB history.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • 1948_Swell_Robinson1948_Swell_Robinson Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m trading Reggie

@perkdog said:
    I would trade Reggie, I could be wrong but I thought I've read some stuff about Reggie being not a great clubhouse guy with lots of crazy outside drama with him.

Basically Reggie was a Diva before Divas became a thing 🤷

I like Harper's bravado. Harper's energy is more contagious than Reggie's, and more in a good way.

Harper isn't afraid to mix it up either...and Harper would do it against his opponents, while Reggie did it against his own team.

I really was hoping Harper would smash Arcia up a little after the trash talking Arcia was doing. I loved the stare down Harper gave Arcia as he rounded second base after the home run. Harper meant business there and it showed.

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bryce for sure

Only one MVP for Reggie? I'm surprised to see that. Must have been very close voting in some years he didn't receive one.

Career of course Reggie still has the edge. However, Harper is only 30 years old and has a "Brady-like" fire under him.

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bryce for sure

A guy I used to work with, he was a high school pitcher in the Philly area, and once pitched in a game against Cheltenham High School (Philly area) when Jackson played there.

When he told me that, I had to ask him, how did you do against Jackson?

His exact reply: "He took me downtown."

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will never forget Reggie's 1971 HR in that years all-star game at Detroit Stadium. Went up to the roof and hit the light supports if IIRC.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".