Home U.S. Coin Forum

Market for Buffaloes and Walkers

DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone want to comment on the current market for Buffalo nickels and Liberty Walking half dollars (both pre & post1933)

Comments

• WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure about Buffs but I see growth in Walkers both pre-and post 1933. Early walkers have always been strong and are continuing their upward trend. Later date walkers have been stagnant, in recent years, but I see growth there, lately too, Especially coins in old holders and with CAC stickers.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947):

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

Walkers strong / demand high. Time load up on the key dates?

Like Walkers - MS64 and higher.

Coins & Currency
  • erwindocerwindoc Posts: 5,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

The semi-key dates in the buffalo series have retracted a bit in certain grades, but remain expensive and difficult to find. Im still looking for several in my set.

• ELVIS1ELVIS1 Posts: 159 ✭✭✭

I don't own any Walkers, but I want 95% of all that I see.
    Thats how I envision the future of any series. How much do I covet them.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,502 ✭✭✭✭✭

Broad question. The bottom of the market for both is moribund. The top of the market for both is very good. And the in-between is quite mixed depending on whether a key date, a toner, etc.

• DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    Broad question. The bottom of the market for both is moribund. The top of the market for both is very good. And the in-between is quite mixed depending on whether a key date, a toner, etc.

Would you please be more specific as to what you consider being the "bottom, top & in-between."

• alaura22alaura22 Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

Boy, I really miss my 33-47 Walker set. Still ranked 12th after all these years

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,502 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DisneyFan said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Would you please be more specific as to what you consider being the "bottom, top & in-between."

Bottom: common date VF or lower
    Top: Gem Uncs of anything or Au or better key dates

In between. In between

• BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,474 ✭✭✭✭✭

Far as I'm concerned, other than a few minor movements both up and down, I don't think that Buffs are gonna tank any time soon..........or ever.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • 124Spider124Spider Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭

My limited experience is that the more popular (read "more expensive in fairly high grades") walkers and buffaloes are all doing very well. In particular, the buffalo nickels I'm looking for, in 58+/-, are difficult to find, and not going down in price.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file