Gas price dropped by 6 cents yesterday where I buy it to $3.47/gal. Oil was headed down before the Israel attack and hasn't gone up much, about $2 to $85/bbl. over the last five days. Gold and oil jumped a bit initially but has only drifted slightly higher. Neither has moved that much.
Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
Speaking of metals, did anyone notice copper in the market , yesterday ?
It dropped over $1.25 per pound and is up about that much today. We should have loaded up on large cents.
@TwoSides2aCoin said:
Speaking of metals, did anyone notice copper in the market , yesterday ?
It dropped over $1.25 per pound and is up about that much today. We should have loaded up on large cents.
That must have been a glitch. Copper this week shown below.
@TwoSides2aCoin said:
Speaking of metals, did anyone notice copper in the market , yesterday ?
It dropped over $1.25 per pound and is up about that much today. We should have loaded up on large cents.
That must have been a glitch. Copper this week shown below.
I saw it too yesterday, I dont remember where I saw it but copper was down in the 2 dollar range. Went back to check today and saw the same chart you posted, weird.
Professional Numismatist, Retired. 55 year member ANA. Former ANA Senior Authenticator. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and ANA Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner of the PNG's 2026 Robert Friedberg Award for "The Enigmatic Lincoln Cents of 1922," Available now from Whitman or Amazon.
Maybe a little off topic, but still concerning coins: Do any dealers notice that their sales go up when the stock market has a good day either the day before or same day? I think over the years I've been more likely to buy coins when my portfolio is doing well, and have put off purchasing when prices are down.
Comments
Gas price dropped by 6 cents yesterday where I buy it to $3.47/gal. Oil was headed down before the Israel attack and hasn't gone up much, about $2 to $85/bbl. over the last five days. Gold and oil jumped a bit initially but has only drifted slightly higher. Neither has moved that much.
Gasoline keeps dropping here in S.E. Ohio. $ 3.15 a gal. That's down .20 in the last 10 days.
Speaking of metals, did anyone notice copper in the market , yesterday ?
It dropped over $1.25 per pound and is up about that much today. We should have loaded up on large cents.
That must have been a glitch. Copper this week shown below.

My US Mint Commemorative Medal Set
I saw it too yesterday, I dont remember where I saw it but copper was down in the 2 dollar range. Went back to check today and saw the same chart you posted, weird.
Founder- Peak Rarities
Website
Instagram
Facebook
Maybe a little off topic, but still concerning coins: Do any dealers notice that their sales go up when the stock market has a good day either the day before or same day? I think over the years I've been more likely to buy coins when my portfolio is doing well, and have put off purchasing when prices are down.