Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Chantilly in 16 days...

olb31olb31 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just made room reservations. haven't been since July 2022, looking forward. to it. William Shatner will be there thinkg about getting a group pic with him and the fam. Im a big original star trek fan.

Work hard and you will succeed!!

Comments

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

you should do it. Shatner is up there in age. it would be a great memory. one you wouldnt regret.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

met shatner and got the family pic. great show. picked up a bunch of 70's star cards.

• Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭

@olb31 said:
    met shatner and got the family pic. great show. picked up a bunch of 70's star cards.

Fabulous!!!!!!!

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options

Who's with me? Sold out looks like about 120 dealers. It's getting to become the East Coast National. Can't wait. I always pick up a few from Stan.

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭✭✭

I paid for the early entry / preview and I was told by several tables that dealers had cleaned them out prior to early entry. So unless you get in at setup you are at a major disadvantage buying wise.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options

that happens everytime. still lots of goodies to be had.

• Options

Going Friday/. SGC $12 any bkb card special!

• Options

I will be there Friday and Saturday, I thought about doing the BKB deal in person, but I will probably just mail it in. I typically go to Stan and the dude beside him from Florida, and spend 4 hours looking through their cards. I am going to mix it up a little this time. And spend more time at other tables. I feel like I limit myself by staying at one place that long.

Looking forward to it. Hope you have fun.

• Options
    UlyssesExtravaganzaUlyssesExtravaganza Posts: 495 ✭✭✭✭

Plan to go in the afternoon after work. Visit the competition. Would like to be able to use PSA SGC and BGS all for different things.

Want to see if I can get a bump on any of these.

• Options

Spent fri and sat at the show. huge turn out. about 175 sellers. more pokemon, etc than last oct. i collect mostly cardboard (older cards). prices keep going up and up on rose ryan etc as the condition gets worse. not a ton of 1960's and 70's stars - ungraded.

turnout by the public was very large. went with 150 readers so, i could really see the condition well. lowered my purchases by half. did pick up some nice 1968 topps game cards for very affordable prices. mantles about $50 each, aaron and clemente around $30. great condition. 7's maybe. all from the same guy. very pleased with those.

it costs $650 per table and most dealers are paying over $1,000. so this leads to more higher end priced cards versus a lot of 1977 - 1985 star cards - $5 - $10 type cards.

it amazes me how some of the sellers can make money based on their prices. $40 and $50 for beat vg 1975 nolan ryan's, $80 - $100 for 1973. LOL!!

• Options

Vintage prices definitely jumping up.