Home U.S. Coin Forum

I must be weird. I find regular issue US coins more attractive than the gold.

FrankHFrankH Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭✭

:)
Hopeless case, I guess. :s

Comments

• braddickbraddick Posts: 23,801 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some of the finest-designed coins are the platinum series.

peacockcoins

• NeophyteNumismatistNeophyteNumismatist Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was classic gold not a "regular issue"? I was under the impression that you could get a $20 gold coin from the bank before 1933 in the same way you would get a roll of nickels. No?

I am a newer collector (started April 2020), and I primarily focus on U.S. Half Cents and Type Coins. Early copper is my favorite.

• PeakRaritiesPeakRarities Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NeophyteNumismatist said:
    Was classic gold not a "regular issue"? I was under the impression that you could get a $20 gold coin from the bank before 1933 in the same way you would get a roll of nickels. No?

Yea, I'm actually a bit unclear on the premise of this thread too, I was under the impression that classic gold is considered "regular issue". Anyways, I'm only here because @RYK opened the door for me to post my 1799, and I had to seize the opportunity.

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

Except for commemorate coins and modern bullion coins, all gold coins are regular issues.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• johnny010johnny010 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Pedzola said:
    Also regular issue!

+1 🫡

See what I did there @DeplorableDan 🤣

• FrankHFrankH Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DeplorableDan said:

@NeophyteNumismatist said:

Yea, I'm actually a bit unclear on the premise of this thread too, I was under the impression that classic gold is considered "regular issue". Anyways, I'm only here because @RYK opened the door for me to post my 1799, and I had to seize the opportunity.

Well, you're right of course.
    I just find the gold coins a bit boring.
    Some I like. Proof gold for instance.

And the "early" gold.

But, perhaps oddly, I find little to gaze at on a Saint.

As I said, "weird."

.......................maybe >:)

• Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think classic silver designs are generally better than gold. Some exceptions of course.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file