Home U.S. Coin Forum

It's Been A While, But the Rolls Finally Paid Off

MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

After a loooong dry spell my boxes of half dollars gave up a little silver today: First off, there were 94 90% silver coins including a 1923-S As if that weren't enough, there were 16 40% coins Then, for the icing on the cake, a 1986-S Ellis Island half and No FG varieties of 1972-D and 1982-P.
These all were in two $500 boxes. Me and the wife had a lot of fun with this!

Comments

• maymay Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

A LITTLE!!?? :open_mouth:

Type collector, mainly into Seated. -formerly Ownerofawheatiehorde. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON, Gerard

• gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice haul

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow 😮

Mr_Spud

• JWPJWP Posts: 21,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shazam!!!!!! That is a real Buttload of silver

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• MtW124MtW124 Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭

That is awesome! Mine have been duds lately but never like what you found!

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like some heirs dumped that "bunch of old coins" ... much to your advantage! :)

All glory is fleeting.
  • OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

Speechless. B)

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MarkKelley said:
    After a loooong dry spell my boxes of half dollars gave up a little silver today: First off, there were 94 90% silver coins including a 1923-S As if that weren't enough, there were 16 40% coins Then, for the icing on the cake, a 1986-S Ellis Island half and No FG varieties of 1972-D and 1982-P.

WOW! Good for you, dude.
    Couldn't of happened to a better guy.
    B)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,145 ✭✭✭✭✭

No wonder I cant find any half dollar rolls around here. Congratulations on a nice agglomeration of silver!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,598 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is not legitimate until we see the Starbucks coffee cup next to the rolls. :)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, I make my own coffee.

• ADGADG Posts: 436 ✭✭✭

What. No gold?

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭✭✭

And I feel lucky if I find one in a box!!!!!! Great find~

• DCWDCW Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazing score! That is a coin roll hunter's dream. Congrats

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations!

Funny when I read your thread title I thought you had finally paid off the loan for a Rolls Royce. 😂

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • rte592rte592 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone else curious as to what the rolls look like?
    Hardly ever see pictures of the type of rolls.
    Old wrappers might be good sign.

• MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rte592 said:

These are machine wrapped Loomis rolls. My bank orders the boxes for me.

@MarkKelley said:

@rte592 said:

These are machine wrapped Loomis rolls. My bank orders the boxes for me.

What?? Say what?? Did you say machine wrapped Loomis rolls?

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

i like :)

• BobSavBobSav Posts: 913 ✭✭✭

@MarkKelley said:

What part of the country did this happen ?
    Bob

Past transactions with:
    Lordmarcovan, WTCG, YogiBerraFan, Phoenin21, LindeDad, Coll3ctor, blue594, robkoll, Mike Dixon, BloodMan, Flakthat and others.

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! Amazing finds............

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• goldengolden Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy crap!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file