Home Sports Talk

All of the wild card baseball games were decided in the 1st 2 games

tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭

I have not watched any of the games so far as have no interest in the wild card games without the Red Sox being in there.
I can hardly wait for the World Series to be over so we can see who picks up whom in the off season.

Comments

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have had a real lack of interest in the playoffs this year as well. I haven't watched a single game yet. I also found it interesting that they all ended as sweeps.

cant wait for hot stove time!!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tampa Bay had a historic 13-0 start, was overtaken by the Orioles for first place in mid July.
    In 2 games against Texas they scored 1 run and are out of the playoffs.
    That’s the most surprising outcome for me.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

A close friend of mine has had two Phillies season tickets, nice seats, for a long time. His kids are grown now and out of the house, and he'd rather sell the playoff tickets, grab the cash, than go to the games at this point in his life.

He told me that he has received a marked drop-off in interest in the tickets this season offering them on StubHub. While he will still make a profit on them, it will be considerably less profit compared to other seasons.

He's hopeful that ticket buying enthusiasm increases if the Phillies go deeper into the playoffs.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    A close friend of mine has had two Phillies season tickets, nice seats, for a long time. His kids are grown now and out of the house, and he'd rather sell the playoff tickets, grab the cash, than go to the games at this point in his life.

He told me that he has received a marked drop-off in interest in the tickets this season offering them on StubHub. While he will still make a profit on them, it will be considerably less profit compared to other seasons.

He's hopeful that ticket buying enthusiasm increases if the Phillies go deeper into the playoffs.

Is there no interest in baseball in Philadelphia? Man you should see the mania the Orioles have created in Baltimore. My buddy lives there, both us life long Orioles fans and it’s been pandemonium all season. I hope the make a deep run but more importantly they’ve built a young team with the draft, minor leagues and are set up for an exciting future for a long time

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

@stevek said:

Is there no interest in baseball in Philadelphia? Man you should see the mania the Orioles have created in Baltimore. My buddy lives there, both us life long Orioles fans and it’s been pandemonium all season. I hope the make a deep run but more importantly they’ve built a young team with the draft, minor leagues and are set up for an exciting future for a long time

Still good interest, just not as much as it used to be it seems.

I think the Eagles winning may have something to do with it. As Philly despite good interest in baseball, has always been much more of a football town.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only caught 2-3 innings of a few games. Usually around the last 3 innings of a close game.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭

Will the Red Sox go after Ohtani to give them more leverage with Yamamoto.?
    They already have Yamamoto's former teammate Matusaka on the team.
    It will be interesting to see if ownership wants to open their wallets this winter.

• tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 13, 2023 9:05AM

Looks like the Braves, Dodgers and Orioles will be watching the World Series from there own houses this year along with the Red Sox!