Home Sports Talk
Options

Trevor Bauer

Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trevor Bauer settles legal dispute with accuser, reveals damning messages

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/trevor-bauer-settles-legal-dispute-accuser-reveals-damning-messages

"Trevor Bauer and Lindsey Hill have settled all outstanding litigation," Jon Fetterolf and Shawn Holley, Bauer’s attorneys, said in a statement. "Both of their respective claims have been withdrawn with prejudice, effective today. Mr. Bauer did not make — and never has made — any payments to Ms. Hill, including to resolve their litigation.

As the settlement crossed the wire, Bauer released a video talking about the ordeal and revealed damning messages from the woman to her friends.

"'Next victim. Star pitcher for the Dodgers,'" Bauer said in the video. "A text Lindsey Hill sent to a friend before she ever even met me. ‘What should I steal?’ she asked another, in reference to visiting my house for the first time. The answer? ‘Take his money.’ So how might that work? ‘I’m going to his house Wednesday.’ she said, ‘I already have my hooks in. you know how I roll.’ Then, after the first time we met, "Net worth is 51 mil" she said. ‘b---h, you better secure the bag’, was the response.

"But how was she going to do that? ‘Need daddy to choke me out,’ she said. ‘being an absolute whore to try to get in on his 51 million,’ read another text. Then, after the second time we met, former [San Diego] Padres pitcher Jacob Nix told her ‘you gotta get this bag.’ ‘I’ll give you 50,000’ Lindsey replied. Her AA sponsor asked her at one point, ‘do you feel a tiny bit guilty?’ ‘Not really,’ she replied."

Bauer said the messages he talked about in the clip **were "deliberately and unlawfully concealed from me and my legal team." **He said a separate video that showed the woman in his bed didn’t have any marks on her face. The Daily Mail first reported the video in September 2022.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

She should be charged with something. Filing false charges, defamation of character...........SOMETHING!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

trailer swift

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always scratched my head when these guys get married so quick when they have every woman out there at their disposal but I guess this is one of the examples why lol

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, she ruined him. I agree, she should have been charged. with something

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@craig44 said:

If what Bauer says is true, she maliciously targeted him and blackmailed him. When that failed, she proceeded to severely damage his career and greatly reduced his income. I'm not a lawyer, but it would seem to me she must have broken some laws. Bauer doesn't seem to want to pursue the case in a civil action.

Secondly, I am curious as to what could/should happen with the MLB's part in this, could Bauer sue them? He is the victim here. Maybe the MLB will not find the next guy guilty upon being accused, especially when no charges were ever filed by the authorities.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭

No one is guilty until proven so!
    MLB has overstepped their bounds on this one
    These players should keep their peckers in their pants and not go to bed with every woman they meet.
    This is something that should be brought up by every minor and major league team constantly as players are vulnerable.

• Options

ball players play ball but most are dumber than a sack of doorknobs , dumb guy gets millions of dollars women fling themselves at him.
    its like a lottery ticket

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,775 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I was a kid, i never knew how devious women can be until I started dating them.

But even when finally realizing that, I still couldn't resist them. 😆

https://youtu.be/Z0gRJ5_tUQU

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

@craig44 said:

If what Bauer says is true, she maliciously targeted him and blackmailed him. When that failed, she proceeded to severely damage his career and greatly reduced his income. I'm not a lawyer, but it would seem to me she must have broken some laws. Bauer doesn't seem to want to pursue the case in a civil action.

Secondly, I am curious as to what could/should happen with the MLB's part in this, could Bauer sue them? He is the victim here. Maybe the MLB will not find the next guy guilty upon being accused, especially when no charges were ever filed by the authorities.

Nothing going to happen to her. Even if the cops charged her the LA DA would just drop the charges. What Bauer says is true, he has the pictures he has the texts etc. The first female judge even went so far to call the accuser not credible and liar and her ruling against issuing a restraining order. She kept losing every time after that too even though her lawyers did a good job keeping things hidden from the courts. Bauers lawsuit was never about winning, he said it himself shed never be able to pay him back if he won, it was about getting things out into the public that had been blocked and getting her case dismissed in a manner that she cant try again.

As far as MLB theres nothing Bauer can do. MLB doesnt need a conviction to suspend you thanks to the back to back bad CBAs Tony Clarke keeps getting the players to sign. There were two reasons Bauers suspension was so long. The first is that Manfred just doesnt like him for being openly critical of league. The main reason though is that Bauer refused to admit guilt and negotiate a suspension with the league and instead fought it tooth and nail. The league was sending a message to other players not to fight suspensions for off the field stuff.

The only real lawsuit Bauer could potentially have would be if he found an email or a voice recording of the league telling teams not to sign him which would be an admission of the blackballing we all know is happening. Every team in the league doesnt pass on an ace that would only cost them league minimum once the Dodgers cut him unless its understood hes not to be signed

Unfortunatly he'll probably have to play out his career where they love him and actually cared about the facts not just having a witch hunt on him.

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@craig44 said:

Nothing going to happen to her. Even if the cops charged her the LA DA would just drop the charges. What Bauer says is true, he has the pictures he has the texts etc. The first female judge even went so far to call the accuser not credible and liar and her ruling against issuing a restraining order. She kept losing every time after that too even though her lawyers did a good job keeping things hidden from the courts. Bauers lawsuit was never about winning, he said it himself shed never be able to pay him back if he won, it was about getting things out into the public that had been blocked and getting her case dismissed in a manner that she cant try again.

As far as MLB theres nothing Bauer can do. MLB doesnt need a conviction to suspend you thanks to the back to back bad CBAs Tony Clarke keeps getting the players to sign. There were two reasons Bauers suspension was so long. The first is that Manfred just doesnt like him for being openly critical of league. The main reason though is that Bauer refused to admit guilt and negotiate a suspension with the league and instead fought it tooth and nail. The league was sending a message to other players not to fight suspensions for off the field stuff.

The only real lawsuit Bauer could potentially have would be if he found an email or a voice recording of the league telling teams not to sign him which would be an admission of the blackballing we all know is happening. Every team in the league doesnt pass on an ace that would only cost them league minimum once the Dodgers cut him unless its understood hes not to be signed

Unfortunatly he'll probably have to play out his career where they love him and actually cared about the facts not just having a witch hunt on him.

Well said!.. and Me Too. ;)

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭
    edited October 4, 2023 1:37AM

@bronco2078 said:
    ball players play ball but most are dumber than a sack of doorknobs , dumb guy gets millions of dollars women fling themselves at him.
    its like a lottery ticket

Zack Lee
    Couldn’t of said it better.
    Even the smart ones can get trapped.

Forum members on ignore
    Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
    daltex

• Options

I never understood why ballplayers who financially have their lives set would risk it over some tail. just doesn't make sense. I think some people just have zero self control.

• Options

I'm at a loss here. So the prevailing opinion is what? Ballplayers (all wealthy men?) should remain celibate?

That seems a bit unreasonable.

Seems to me in a case like this, where it appears there is evidence her actions were premeditated, law enforcement should BE REQUIRED to prosecute her to the full extent of the law.

I generally don't have too much sympathy for a guy with $50M who should/could have $70M, (and I don't care much for Bauer in the first place), but there should be consequences for her behavior.

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know when rookies enter the NFL they get this rather large booklet on things to be aware of in regards to their new status, and there is a whole section dedicated to the issue of "gold diggers" etc, I have a coworker whos cousin played at the University Of Miami and a brief career with the NY Giants, he brought it in one day and was showing it to us coworkers.

• Options

Law enforcement cant prosecute her, they can only arrest her. The LA DA would just drop the charges so its pointless. Bauer didnt do anything wrong and players shouldnt have to be celibate while they play. Bauer is also extremely smart and was an engineering major at UCLA. This isnt a case of some dumb athlete doing something dumb, its a girl that was convinced to try and extort him thinking he would just pay like most rich athletes do

• Options

@Basebal21 said:
    Law enforcement cant prosecute her, they can only arrest her. The LA DA would just drop the charges so its pointless. Bauer didnt do anything wrong and players shouldnt have to be celibate while they play. Bauer is also extremely smart and was an engineering major at UCLA. This isnt a case of some dumb athlete doing something dumb, its a girl that was convinced to try and extort him thinking he would just pay like most rich athletes do

Are you a prosecutor or attorney?

The woman (allegedly) started a relationship with him for the sole purpose of blackmailing, extorting or otherwise stealing his money. When he broke it off, she accused him of assaulting her, which sure looks to at least be filing a false police report and defamation of character and or slander. He has lost millions of dollars because of this, so I would say her actions should result in a felony conviction, if true.
    Having a felony on your record is no joke (seems like a lot of people think this whole story is a joke), and it just might deter the next hold digger from trying the same thing.
    It's one thing to "hook up" with a man to try to be provided for, it's another to maliciously lie about him when it doesn't work out and damage his reputation and earnings.
    Bauer has decided not to pursue a civil case, which is his right. The #$#$ probably doesn't have anything, so he would just be out more time and money.
    I don't care what you say, this criminal should be charged for her crimes!
    SHE IS EVIL!
    Lastly, I say good for you Trevor! You didn't cave in to this beatch, and didn't cave to the MLB who AT LEAST owes you, the victim here, an apology.

• Options
    edited October 4, 2023 7:55PM

@JoeBanzai said:

@Basebal21 said:

Are you a prosecutor or attorney?

The woman (allegedly) started a relationship with him for the sole purpose of blackmailing, extorting or otherwise stealing his money. When he broke it off, she accused him of assaulting her, which sure looks to at least be filing a false police report and defamation of character and or slander. He has lost millions of dollars because of this, so I would say her actions should result in a felony conviction, if true.
    Having a felony on your record is no joke (seems like a lot of people think this whole story is a joke), and it just might deter the next hold digger from trying the same thing.
    It's one thing to "hook up" with a man to try to be provided for, it's another to maliciously lie about him when it doesn't work out and damage his reputation and earnings.
    Bauer has decided not to pursue a civil case, which is his right. The #$#$ probably doesn't have anything, so he would just be out more time and money.
    I don't care what you say, this criminal should be charged for her crimes!
    SHE IS EVIL!
    Lastly, I say good for you Trevor! You didn't cave in to this beatch, and didn't cave to the MLB who AT LEAST owes you, the victim here, an apology.

I agree that she should be charged with all the evidence. I do wish there would be consequences as this would be the only way to discourage it in the future. I had a teammate accused of rape in college because the woman he was sleeping with had a boyfriend and chose to say he was raping her instead of admitting she was cheating. It was proven she made false accusations and nothing happened to her either. The unfortunate reality is that these claims basically never get prosecuted when proven false. Even if the cops arrested her and there was a prosecutor willing to take the case the DA could order the case dropped.

Bauer will likely be blackballed the rest of his career, but the bright side is they love him in Japan

• Options

I didn't like Bauer before this issue.

I have changed my mind, he stuck to the truth and was vindicated in the end.
    Hopefully, he gets remembered as being falsely accused and not like others who get remembered for being accused (Puckett).

👍 Trevor Bauer!

• Options
    4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    I didn't like Bauer before this issue.

I have changed my mind, he stuck to the truth and was vindicated in the end.
    Hopefully, he gets remembered as being falsely accused and not like others who get remembered for being accused (Puckett).

👍 Trevor Bauer!

50% of accusations are false.
    Rich people even higher.

Penalties should be stiffer for false accusations.

Forum members on ignore
    Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
    daltex

• Options

@JoeBanzai said:
    I'm at a loss here. So the prevailing opinion is what? Ballplayers (all wealthy men?) should remain celibate?

That seems a bit unreasonable.

Seems to me in a case like this, where it appears there is evidence her actions were premeditated, law enforcement should BE REQUIRED to prosecute her to the full extent of the law.

I generally don't have too much sympathy for a guy with $50M who should/could have $70M, (and I don't care much for Bauer in the first place), but there should be consequences for her behavior.

If these guys became part of a committed relationship, then got married, it would alleviate a lot of this type of problem. Of course that is now an old-fashioned opinion and likely to get "hated" on as unrealistic or unreasonable.

I like to think that if i were a very wealthy, public figure, that I would be very very careful about who I interacted with. I mean, you can lose it all very quickly. Wealth, reputation etc. I always was and still am, very concerned with making my family proud and not hurting/destroying my name. I would hope that it would still be that way if I were worth 2 or 300MM dollars.

of course, ymmv

• Options

the problem with prosecuting this girl is that it will not really fix the problem. the problem being the public's opinion of Bauer is now sullied. regardless of if she is convicted/punished etc. much of the public will still give Bauer that stigma.

perception is reality. how it often is.

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭

"No one is guilty until proven so!" Doesn't that apply to the woman in this case as well?

Thought I read that he choked her out, f-ed her in the a** while she was unconscious, and punched her. Never really understood why the woman went back to him after the first two occurred but it looks like she was just a gold digger. Has he ever actually denied punching her? Wasn't there an entire text chain between the two where he basically acknowledged he did that?

Let's not forget that Bauer has multiple other women accusing him of similar violent sex acts. So maybe pump the brakes on Bauer being "innocent" here. I think it is entirely reasonable to believe that Bauer has a thing for rough sex and takes it too far sometimes. Should he have lost his MLB career over it? Personally, I don't think so but he certainly put himself in jeopardy with his fetishes.

Robb

• Options

Dont believe everything the "journalists" write. Theres numerous text messages of her asking to be chocked out, she testified that when she said no to something Bauer respected her wishes, she posted pictures of her self in bed the next morning with no bruises. the ER nurse that treated her testified against her, a female judge called her a liar and not credible in the ruling, theres numerous texts from multiple people encouraging her to extort Bauer, Bauer wasnt her first MLB player, the list goes on and on. Theres more than enough evidence to know what happened.

Adults are allowed to consent to basically whatever type of sex they want, just because someone else thinks that type of sex is wrong doesnt mean anything wrong actually happened.

Other women saying the same happens all the time. The girl got a 100k insurance payment when her case was dismissed with prejudice. Now others see a chance for free money. It happens every time and most are just people looking for free money. The sad part is it diminishes actual rape victims as you have to become skeptical of claims because of the number of people out there saying pay me or I will accuse you

The only way to put a damper on this is to start prosecuting the false police reports and accusations. Unfortunately in the majority of the country theres no consequences. Most of the time they just get a pay out to go away and if they dont even when they were proven false nothing happens to them. Attorneys will take the cases for free expecting an easy payout and its basically no risk if someone is a bad enough person to be fine with doing that to someone else

Its a sad reality but that is the reality we are currently in.

• Options

yes they should be celibate. It will keep them on their toes

IF i'm a fan of the team I want these idiots only allowed out to play then shoved back in a tiny cage like fighting dogs
    50 million dollars is a lot of money they should not be allowed to do anything but play eat and sleep.
    no wives no friends just pump them full of steroids and wring them out until they drop dead .

• Options

Update on this story.

A woman who accused Trevor Bauer of sex assault is now charged with defrauding ex-MLB player.

https://sports.yahoo.com/woman-accused-trevor-bauer-sex-005952193.html

An indictment unsealed Monday in Maricopa County Superior Court charges the woman with fraud and theft by extortion, both felonies, but doesn't provide specific details about the alleged crimes. It says Bauer and one other person were defrauded in a scheme that potentially spanned several years.

• Options

@Alfonz24 said:
    Update on this story.

A woman who accused Trevor Bauer of sex assault is now charged with defrauding ex-MLB player.

https://sports.yahoo.com/woman-accused-trevor-bauer-sex-005952193.html

An indictment unsealed Monday in Maricopa County Superior Court charges the woman with fraud and theft by extortion, both felonies, but doesn't provide specific details about the alleged crimes. It says Bauer and one other person were defrauded in a scheme that potentially spanned several years.

Basically the charges are that she pretended to be pregnant and demanded over 3.5 million dollars if he wanted it aborted. There was never any evidence she was pregnant and even a test from a doctor saying she wasnt and then changed her story to a miscarriage and tried claiming sexual assault.

I'm not sure how many other people shes done it to but its not surprising someone else tried it after Hill got paid off by insurance to go away despite multiple text messages about her plan to extort Bauer

• Options

This is nothing like what I read.

The woman initiated a sexual relationship that included rough sex and after a couple of encounters claimed he went too far, and filed assault charges on him after he refused to pay her off.

Later it was discovered she bragged to one of her friends BEFORE the relationship began that she was targeting him for the purpose of blackmailing him. When her friend asked her if she would feel guilty about it, she said no, she was going to get rich.

First, Bauer had to be found innocent, which he was, then he could sue her and get access to her emails, ultimately proving she did it for the cash.

• Options

@JoeBanzai said:
    This is nothing like what I read.

The woman initiated a sexual relationship that included rough sex and after a couple of encounters claimed he went too far, and filed assault charges on him after he refused to pay her off.

Later it was discovered she bragged to one of her friends BEFORE the relationship began that she was targeting him for the purpose of blackmailing him. When her friend asked her if she would feel guilty about it, she said no, she was going to get rich.

First, Bauer had to be found innocent, which he was, then he could sue her and get access to her emails, ultimately proving she did it for the cash.

Youre referring to Hill who was the first one. Chargers have never been filed against Bauer in any of these instances though Hill did try and get a restraining order against Bauer. Not only was the restraining order denied but the female judge basically called her a liar saying she wasnt credible.

Her lawyers had done of a good job of keeping things out of court records but there were more than enough pictures on social media and text messages between the two. Bauer sued her to send a message not to extort him which allowed some of the suppressed stuff to be released leaving no doubt what the plan was.

This one is a second one that came out like what always happens when the first one ends up getting an insurance payment. I believe it was like 100k or something like that. This one though tried to extort him in Arizona where Hill tried it in CA.

Its refreshing to see someone get charged for trying to ruin someones life

• Options

Yes, nice to see she's in trouble.

Bauer's career took a huge hit because of her lies.