Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

2013 S$2 Fiji * 150th Lincoln Commem Gettysburg Address

Hey everyone.

So I sent off a huge collection of world modern commems to NGC. This coin sat on ebay for like half a year in its OGP for a little over melt and it didn't sell, so I thought, why not, let's send her off, too.

She's the finest known top pop and I guess lightly toned.

Should I be putting a ridiculous markup on this coin?

Part of me says list it for what it was listed before plus a little to cover fees and shipping, but part of me wonders if I should be asking like $500 bucks or something, lol.

At the end of the day it's a no name modern commem right? But it's also finest known top pop with toning and is an attractive piece with its original packaging and papers.

Not sure why I'm second guessing myself on asking moon money for it but I'm welcome to any and all opinions.

Comments

• pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭

It may be a top pop, but you will be hard pressed to find many buyers for such a coin. If you try to sell it at $500, you will own it forever. IMHO, try for $120 and sell it for $100. Even then, it will most likely sit a while. Who collects Fiji?

Countries like this utilize American themes with their NCLT to try to get American buyers.

• AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you :-)

• Never hurts to put it on ebay for a premium with offers on. The Komsco moderns I collect go for a lot sometimes. $150-200 would probably be the higher end of reasonable, no harm if it sits for a while before it sells.

The substantial truth doctrine is an important defense in defamation law that allows individuals to avoid liability if the gist of their statement was true.

• ELuisELuis Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2023 12:54PM

BTW, this coin still is wide available or accessible, I found several avail, not just on ebay:

The good part is that it is already graded/slabbed - so the price Pruebas mentioned it is just on target. HTH