Home Sports Talk
Options

Dak Prescott or Jared Goff

LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Prescott.

I'm still convinced that McVay neutered Goff's development and left him permanently behind the curve.

That being said, Prescott can't reliably throw a short, accurate pass.

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

I gotta go with Craig Morton... B)

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 22, 2023 12:15PM

@thisistheshow said:
    Prescott.

I'm still convinced that McVay neutered Goff's development and left him permanently behind the curve.

And to add to your thought Show, didn't it seem like Jared was somewhat of a fall guy for Mcvay when they traded him away?

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LandrysFedora said:

@thisistheshow said:
    Prescott.

And to add to your thought Show, didn't it seem like Jared was somewhat of a fall guy for Mcvay when they traded him away?

Sure, that's how it looked. McVay didn't develop Goff the right way, getting him to the line right away so he could break down the defense through the headset. I know they say they went away from that at some point, but it was kind of their little trick in the beginning. And it seemed that the narrative was that McVay was the guy making things happen, and he just needed a better tool than Goff to work with. But like I said, I felt like Goff didn't have the opportunity. And it just so happens that they made the trade and won it all. So, 🤷

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll go with Dak, of course I'm showing a bit of favortism due to the legendary man in my avatar. ;)

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Goff has reached heights that Dak has not. You could maybe argue he's also reached depths that Dak has not.

Goff was really good in LA before the Super Bowl went sideways and he's been REALLY good in Detroit since they fired their OC at the end of 2021.

Goff has three seasons with 28+ TDs - Dak has two. Dak, however, hit 37 in one year, while Goff tops out at 32.

Dak is inconsistent. In 2019, he threw 30 TDs - but 23 of them came in just 7 games, meaning he threw just 7 in the other 9 games. In 2021, he threw 37 TDs - but 28 of them came in just 8 games, meaning he threw just 9 in the other 9 games.

Dak throws more picks, leading the league in 2022. Goff just completed a streak of over 380 passes without even one.

Dak is overrated, IMHO. Goff is underrated, thanks to his exit from the Rams, Stafford's subsequent SB win, and now playing for Detroit.

Having said all that, I think Dak is a little better with a little higher ceiling but I sure appreciate having Goff as Detroit's QB.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

can i choose neither??

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would go with Dak as well

• Options
    4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

Dak can run better. Huge difference.
    4 yards/carry over 2/carry.

Dak has the edge overall.

Forum members on ignore
    Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
    daltex