Home Autographs Forum
Options

Authentic JFK autograph?

Hello. I’m hoping someone here can tell me if this is authentic. My dad was a coin and collectibles dealer and I found this going through some of his belongings. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 21, 2023 4:56AM

only way to know for sure is to send it in for professional authentication (it could also be an autopen signature)

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,948 ✭✭✭✭✭

The cover that comes with the letter could easily have been switched at some point during the past 62 years. Also, the letter is undated and we have no idea who K. L. Westfall was. This kind of authentication is worthless in the marketplace, especially for a signature like Kennedy's. The signature could be autopen, printed, secretarial or just plain fake.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options

Thank you both, appreciate your input.

• Options

a K L Westfall name ...we have no business name w/ this guy (nor an idea what the K L means) ... letter is kind of funny since it really only says JFK knew it was authentic - no other witness for 25 signed covers (not like anyone would likely be alive now to speak more of this origin - let alone likely remember a 60+ year old quick event of him signing something...)
    beautiful art on cover, regardless.

• Options
    ApplejacksApplejacks Posts: 384 ✭✭✭

@Ironmanfan said:
    only way to know for sure is to send it in for professional authentication (it could also be an autopen signature)

IMF

💯 %
    Great advice

• Options

The authentication letter sounds truthfull maybe Westfall was into the
    Same thing your dad was into and he gave the letter as a guarantee

I notice the cross on J is there (hidden with the h)