Home Sports Talk

Paul Waner or Lloyd Waner?

Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.

Paul Waner or Lloyd Waner?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul Waner

Full disclosure...I based my vote off of a quick perusal of their stats.

I had never heard of the Waner brothers, but I am choosing Big Poison over Little Poison.

• dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭✭✭

Paul Waner was a great baseball player.

His kid brother was barely adequate. Just to give you an idea, Jim Rice was a lot better than Lloyd Waner. How often do I say that?

We talk a lot here about the travesties committed by the Veteran's Committee but we don't mention Lloyd Waner often enough. Legitimate candidate for the worst player in the HOF.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul Waner

Big poison easily.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul Waner

@dallasactuary said:
    Paul Waner was a great baseball player.

His kid brother was barely adequate. Just to give you an idea, Jim Rice was a lot better than Lloyd Waner. How often do I say that?

We talk a lot here about the travesties committed by the Veteran's Committee but we don't mention Lloyd Waner often enough. Legitimate candidate for the worst player in the HOF.

I just wish he would have done Lloyd Waner against rabbit maranville. Easily little poison.
    The legendary rabbitt with the .258 batting avg. in the golden age of the .400 hitter.