Home Sports Talk

NFL: What team or teams do you take for?

TheGoonies1985TheGoonies1985 Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭✭

Been Canadian I don't have a home team so I take for a few different teams each season (the same teams).

Browns (falls last in my main teams but still like them)
Buffalo
Green Bay
Minnesota
New Orleans
NY Giants
Pittsburgh

All these teams keep the season fun. I could not just follow one team would get bored.

Comments

• TheGoonies1985TheGoonies1985 Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭✭

If these teams are not playing then I have my 2nd round teams I like.

• dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am a huge fan of whatever team is playing the Dallas Cowboys.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • TheGoonies1985TheGoonies1985 Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dallasactuary said:
    I am a huge fan of whatever team is playing the Dallas Cowboys.

A lot of my family likes Dallas but I never did for some reason.

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,879 ✭✭✭✭✭

not really a team follower; I just like to watch my guys play....

now if you asked me that question in my younger days - my list would be something like this: Steelers - Raiders - Colts - Dolphins...
    :)

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

now that the Pats are out of SB contention, believe it or not, I would like to see Buffalo win one. their fans deserve it.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    now that the Pats are out of SB contention, believe it or not, I would like to see Buffalo win one. their fans deserve it.

They better get it soon. 🤣

My team, Patriots, can't stay down forever...or can they?

• LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭✭✭

I began following the Dallas Cowboys in the 70's as a youngster, my team through thick and thin!

• dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LandrysFedora said:
    I began following the Dallas Cowboys in the 70's as a youngster, my team through thick and thin!

I began following the Dallas Cowboys in the 70's as a youngster, too. Loved 'em!

If Jerry Jones bought the St. Louis Cardinals, or the Dallas Stars, I would stop rooting for them. If Jerry Jones had a monopoly on steak and lobster, and charged $1 a pound for them, I would give up steak and lobster. Ezekial Elliott went to my high school (100 years after I did) and I got to see him play once. I watched every Ohio State game I could just to watch Elliott play, and I was looking forward to watching him play in the pros, but you know how that turned out.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dallasactuary said:

@LandrysFedora said:

I began following the Dallas Cowboys in the 70's as a youngster, too. Loved 'em!

If Jerry Jones bought the St. Louis Cardinals, or the Dallas Stars, I would stop rooting for them. If Jerry Jones had a monopoly on steak and lobster, and charged $1 a pound for them, I would give up steak and lobster. Ezekial Elliott went to my high school (100 years after I did) and I got to see him play once. I watched every Ohio State game I could just to watch Elliott play, and I was looking forward to watching him play in the pros, but you know how that turned out.

I have similar views on Jones, I disliked the guy starting off with how it felt like he dumped Tom Landry to the curb soon after buying the team. I can go on and on with examples of why he is a horrible owner with a Texas sized ego in my opinion. Yet I have remained a fan regardless. I sadly feel the Cowboys will never win another Lombardi as long as he is in charge.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,801 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kansas City Chiefs ever since I can remember.