Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Set Registry customer service phone number not working!

I had a question about releasing a cert. The 18778881318 phone number rings a couple times then gives me a couldn't connect message. This has been going on for 2 days now. Can someone try to see if it's just me or if the number is down. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just called registry myself. " No one is available to take your call. Please leave a message " I asked for a callback & left my number. We'll see what happens.

• Options

Good luck getting any response. I have been waiting for a response to an email for a long time. I have chased and chased and nothing in response at all. The last email I got was on 4 August where I was told ‘I am not ignoring you’. They clearly now are. I have had requests open since early June. A set request pending since April. It’s a total joke at the moment. This is all relevant to world coin sets so perhaps they prioritise US coins?

Currently looking for Proof Half Sovereigns…….

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vandaleak_Collection said:
    Good luck getting any response. I have been waiting for a response to an email for a long time. I have chased and chased and nothing in response at all. The last email I got was on 4 August where I was told ‘I am not ignoring you’. They clearly now are. I have had requests open since early June. A set request pending since April. It’s a total joke at the moment. This is all relevant to world coin sets so perhaps they prioritise US coins?

I would imagine that like many companies, they prioritize money at the expense of service and personnel. Just a guess, but that appears to be a common thread amongst many businesses.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options

@TomB said:

@Vandaleak_Collection said:

I would imagine that like many companies, they prioritize money at the expense of service and personnel. Just a guess, but that appears to be a common thread amongst many businesses.

No doubt true, but as someone who consigns both coins for grading I would hope to have a consistent service to others who grade regardless of the origin of the coin. Anyway, this isn’t my thread - just my experience of being ignored. Apologies to the OP for hijacking it! Cheers!

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm !!!!! I left a message and my number yesterday. About 2 hours later I got a call back. Got a solution to my problem. Most times when I call. I get answered and they take care of my issues. I believe this is the 3rd time I've left a message. I've always got a callback the same day.

• Options
    RLSnapperRLSnapper Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's my phone. For whatever reason it won't connect. I borrowed a phone to test the number and got through. Time for a new phone I guess.

• Options

Good to see those who can phone getting responses. Anyone else having their email correspondence ignored? I could phone but it would cost an absolute fortune from the UK. Plus, I have an ongoing discussion about a few issues and it has just stopped so I don’t see why I should have to call. Maybe I’m being daft and should just call…

• Options

Numerous set requests were sent in Feb of 2023. Out of the 4 requests, 1 was done in about a month (Capped Bust Dimes with Major varieties Low Ball) yet all of the others have not been accomplished?? I would think one of the sets which has not been accomplished and is the "Brother" to the dime set; Capped Bust Quarter with major varieties Low Ball. Why wasn't this set accomplished alongside the dime set??? This quarter set is just about 100% complete, and without saying, a very complicated, tough set to complete. Come on PCGS, lets get going!

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 9, 2024 9:57PM

I hope you're young....
    Me and a few others have been asking for CAC sets to be added for YEARS!!!
    Still nothing!

• Options

Mike, nice Indian set!! check out the Malibou Lake Low Ball set, I believe you'll appreciate one with varieties, but with much lower grades...

• Options

Does anyone even get through to PCGS? I have been on hold now for 50 minutes. Not very Professional for a company that is suppose to be professional. If they are not going to answer calls they should say so and tell you to leave a number for a call back. There shouldn't even be an option to be on hold.

• Options

It took waiting on hold for 1hour and 40 minutes, but someone did finally answer the phone.