Options

Your analysis please

4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

Forum members on ignore
Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
daltex

Your analysis please

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That drop is 100% on the receiver.

I mean you can't put a ball right in the numbers any better than that.

The receiver still should be ashamed of himself, that is worse than Buckner not fielding that ground ball.

• Options
    1948_Swell_Robinson1948_Swell_Robinson Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

That ball has to be caught. Any pro or college receiver that drops that pass it is on them 100%.

• Options
    1948_Swell_Robinson1948_Swell_Robinson Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 15, 2023 6:22AM

Now do the reverse. Show some of the acrobatic catches Lynn Swann made and ask, "Why is Terry Bradshaw getting all the credit for that catch in terms of his passer rating and team wins when guys like Jeff George could do just as well throwing a jump ball like that?" "Why aren't the offensive lineman getting a piece of that 'pie' as well?"

Or

"Why is Terry Bradshaw getting credit for a bad pass in a playoff game that should have been an interception, but bounced back and Franco Harris caught it and ran it in 60 yards for a touchdown, and then when people look at Bradshaw's abysmal passing in that playoff game, they realize the passing was even worse because Bradshaw is getting credit for a touchdown pass and 60 extra yards passing even though Bradshaw made a horrible pass that should have been intercepted, only to be saved by one of his HOF teammates?"

PS isn't the receivers reaction after dropping it giving you the answer already?

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not seeing the problem with the throw. For an end zone throw, you never know when a defender is coming from another direction, and this kind of looks like the way you draw it up. As they say, "putting it where no one else can catch it".

• Options

It sort of looks like the receiver lost their footing so they couldn't properly adjust. Receiver slips a bit and ball ends up hitting high on his chest

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@philzcardz said:
    It sort of looks like the receiver lost their footing so they couldn't properly adjust. Receiver slips a bit and ball ends up hitting high on his chest

Welcome to Sports Talk, @philzcardz 👍👍

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 15, 2023 7:49AM

Cowboys were great in the 70's. Hard to believe Staubach lost his last two post-season games.

Ed too tall Jones should be in the hall. Jones is unofficially credited with a total of 106 quarterback sacks (third most in team history) and officially with 57.5. He is the fifth leading tackler in franchise history with 1,032

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭✭

receiver should make that catch

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

🏾 Kyler Murray

well, let's see, the ball ultimately drilled him between the 8 and the 1

smh

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

@philzcardz said:

Correct analysis.

The receiver was going for a crouch catch or whatever it's called, and got his feet a bit tangled up in the process. Perhaps the turf was a little bit wet. In any event, completely the fault of the receiver.

I'll tell ya, I'm sure the coach in the film room on Monday would have chastised the yell out of that receiver. For the millisecond he slipped, his brain was focused on not getting hurt or injured from the fall, and not on doing whatever it takes to catch the football. Under normal human circumstances, that would have been the logical thing to do. But not to a football coach during the game. You're supposed to give-up your body for the benefit of the team and winning the game. IE break your leg if you have to, but catch the dam football.

BTW, from playing football grades 7 thru 12, I had several head coaches, and I came to the inescapable conclusion that they are all nuts. 😉