Home Sports Talk
Options

The ‘you poked the bear’ * award goes to…….

DarinDarin Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jamarr Chase.
For calling the Browns ‘elves’. It doesn’t matter if you or I think that was a fairly innocuous comment, because Myles Garrett called it disrespectful and said it was bulletin board material. So after Jamarr’s bengals got thumped 24-3, jamarr said if the browns found his ‘elves’ comment offensive then they were soft. Yes the bengals just played like the kardashian girls and he called the other team soft. Already getting his mouth warmed up for the rematch.

If you have ‘you poked the bear’ award winners please post here. I have a feeling jamarr isn’t through winning these things.

• award named after Aaron Rodgers when in the preseason game he was pushed after a play was over by a giants D lineman. Rodgers then later threw a TD pass and told the giants player ‘don’t poke the bear!’

Comments

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember Rodgers saying he owned the Bears. He poked the Bear there ,pardon the pun, many games and the Bears still did not claw back in retaliation.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rodgers is a Bear. Cal Golden Bear.
    Against SC, an SC LB gave Rodgers a shot right to the chin with his helmet. Ouch. Rodgers proceeded to complete 18 straight passes.

Have a nice day
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,201 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've honestly never understood making comments like that, why would you want to give your opponent a reason to play harder?

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

Correct if I’m wrong someone on the Steelers said 49ers have tells? Oops

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭✭

remember that time Conor McGregor insulted Khabib's Dad, Girlfriend and religion before their fight?

That one didnt go so well for Conor.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.