4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

Colts 18 point favorites

Unbelievable defensive team
Baltimore out gains the Jets on the ground

Morral and Unitas threw 4 picks
Namath 0 picks

Bubba Smith says it was fixed
Link provided

https://www.ibtimes.com/bubba-smith-always-alleged-69-super-bowl-was-fixed-823441

Forum members on ignore
Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
daltex

Comments

• 4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

Forum members on ignore
    daltex

edited September 10, 2023 5:08AM

The Jets greatest win ever due to Morrall’s 9.3 QB rating which is simply unheard of for any SB QB. You’ll never find another quite like it.

Forum members on ignore
    daltex

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

There has been talk of this for years. One theory suggested that the fix was in to hasten the merger of the 2 leagues. The Jets win legitimatizing their equality to the older league.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

We'll never know for sure..........alot of games, even now a days, seem like they could be fixed.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:
    We'll never know for sure..........alot of games, even now a days, seem like they could be fixed.

Exactly but that's a lot of mouths that would need to be kept shut

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 10, 2023 2:39PM

@Steven59 said:

Not necessarily fixed, but there are teams and players that very likely are aware of over unders and spreads. Penn State scoring a TD with 6 seconds left up by over two TDs against WV in week 1....

It doesnt mean anyone is fixing the game or throwing it but there are teams that do things to tack on points that have no impact on the game or what their rankings would be

I dont really see anything wrong with it in all honesty as long as it just involves running up the score. If youre trying to score more the other team should stop you. At the same time if someone gets injured in doing so you deserve all the criticism that you get.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with Paul. There's no conceivable way that something this juicy could have been kept secret for this long.

Besides, even though I was just a kid back then, I watched the game live with family and friends who were very knowledgeable football fans, and none of them uttered a word of any sort that the fix was in. And I know they would have said something during the game if they thought there were shenanigans going on.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

What may at times seem like a team is running up a score may well be a player padding his stats. Those numbers are bargaining chips come contract time.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

@stevek said:
    I agree with Paul. There's no conceivable way that something this juicy could have been kept secret for this long.

Besides, even though I was just a kid back then, I watched the game live with family and friends who were very knowledgeable football fans, and none of them uttered a word of any sort that the fix was in. And I know they would have said something during the game if they thought there were shenanigans going on.

Forum members on ignore
    daltex

Forum members on ignore
    daltex