Home Sports Talk

NFL 2023-24 season starting September 7th Chiefs vs Lions

TheGoonies1985TheGoonies1985 Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't wait!!! Lets go Chiefs!!!

Comments

• TheGoonies1985TheGoonies1985 Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will be so good to have the NFL back on 3 days per week again!!!

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, my season actually begins next Monday night, Bills vs Jets, I will be rooting for the team from upstate New York.

edited September 5, 2023 2:26PM

I am from Canada so I pick and chose my teams each game and a few teams I stick with. I don't have a top team. I do like Buffalo, NY Giants, Green Bay, Pittsburgh and a few others. With NHL hockey it is different. But I can watch any NFL game even if it is teams I care less for I just pick one and go with that team for the game.

• LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PillarDollarCollector said:
    I am from Canada so I pick and chose my teams each game and a few teams I stick with. I don't have a top team. I do like Buffalo, NY Giants, Green Bay, Pittsburgh and a few others. With NHL hockey it is different. But I can watch any NFL game even if it is teams I care less for I just pick one and go with that team for the game.

Do you watch the CFL? I see a few games a year from down in Florida, always seems like Calgary has a competitive team.

edited September 5, 2023 3:23PM

@LandrysFedora said:

@PillarDollarCollector said:

Do you watch the CFL? I see a few games a year from down in Florida, always seems like Calgary has a competitive team.

No I wish I could get into it but the NFL is on another level. I did follow some of it back in the 1990's. I try to watch the Grey Cup every year but even then sometimes I just forget if I don't remember to write it down. Not enough teams and not enough games to get me focused and build a schedule around the CFL.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

just heard Kelce hurt his knee. they said the acl is intact, but i wonder if he will play thursday?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    just heard Kelce hurt his knee. they said the acl is intact, but i wonder if he will play thursday?

No

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,879 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thursday late afternoon I’ll be grilling cevapi/cevaps

with grilled zucchini, onions, and peppers

and macaroni salad

sorry fellow forum members…I have No Flannel to show on my pics here… :)

That looks really tasty!!! Crispy southern style chicken wings for me Thursday night.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a Chiefs fan this week $$$

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

I'm getting the feeling that the Lions will win outright or make it really close. 🤷 but it's the Lions so probably not.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

I'm getting the feeling that the Lions will win outright or make it really close. 🤷 but it's the Lions so probably not.

Probably since I bet the Chiefs lol

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

Probably since I bet the Chiefs lol

I’m a fool for buying into the Lions hype. Not real deep but a fool and his money

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • TabeTabe Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

I'm super hyped for this season as a Detroit fan but I'm expecting them to lose by 21+ because, well, I'm a Detroit fan.

@Tabe said:

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

I'm super hyped for this season as a Detroit fan but I'm expecting them to lose by 21+ because, well, I'm a Detroit fan.

What is the consensus feeling within Lions fandom? Is this possibly a special year?

• TabeTabe Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

What is the consensus feeling within Lions fandom? Is this possibly a special year?

Nervous excitement. Lions fans are conditioned to not have hope or expectations. The second half of last season, plus the positive offseason, has the fanbase feel like we're headed strongly in the right direction but simultaneously afraid to get our hopes up.

edited September 7, 2023 5:42PM

Enjoy the game folks!!! Having my chicken wings with a huge glass of ice-t and enjoying the game!!!

Great game 17-14 Chiefs lead heading into the 4th.

Detroit takes the lead 21-20 7 minutes left.

edited September 7, 2023 8:25PM

Congrats to the Detroit Lions beating the Super Bowl champions in their house on day 1 of the 2023-24 season!!!

I'm already regretting picking > @PillarDollarCollector said:

Congrats to the Detroit Lions beating the Super Bowl champions in their house on day 1 of the 2023-24 season!!!

Congrats Lions fans. I'd like to see you guys carry this momentum. Your team is fun to watch.