Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Ancient coin population reports

Is there a way to get population reports for ancient roman denarius? I have one in my collection, and I would love to see how many graded examples of these exist.
Thank you

The substantial truth doctrine is an important defense in defamation law that allows individuals to avoid liability if the gist of their statement was true.

Comments

• SapyxSapyx Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems the answer is "no".

PCGS still officially "doesn't do ancients"; the few ancients they have done aren't in the pop reports.

NGC has an ancients division, but doesn't seem to have a pop report associated with it.

ANACS also only does Ancients rarely; if they include them in the pop reports, I can't tell because ANACs pop reports are member-only access.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.
    Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius, "Meditations"

Apparently I have been awarded one DPOTD. B)
  • RexfordRexford Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, go to a Heritage listing of the type and scroll down the page to see the NGC census.

• @Rexford said:
    Yes, go to a Heritage listing of the type and scroll down the page to see the NGC census.

Thank you so much! I was able to get the population information for the one I was looking for.

The substantial truth doctrine is an important defense in defamation law that allows individuals to avoid liability if the gist of their statement was true.

• scubafuelscubafuel Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2023 5:54PM

That is a good trick @Rexford it’s strange to me that NGC would allow HA api to access that data but not add it to the public facing census.

• BailathaclBailathacl Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭

NGC and Heritage enjoy a somewhat symbiotic relationship, one could say.

"The Internet? Is that thing still around??" - Homer Simpson
  • SapyxSapyx Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah. No wonder I couldn't find it, it's only visible to Heritage members.

Odd, but okay.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.
    Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius, "Meditations"

Apparently I have been awarded one DPOTD. B)