Home Sports Talk

Gretzky or Lemieux

4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

Not who was better because they’re both so close, but who would you take if you had first pick in a “field of dreams” game.

Forum members on ignore
Erba - coolstanley-dallasactuary-SDsportsfan
daltex

Gretzky or Lemieux

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• 4for44for4 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭
    Lemieux

NHL all time points per game !

Forum members on ignore
    daltex

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would take Bobby Orr over both.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

Lemieux

@coolstanley said:
    I would take Bobby Orr over both.

You and a million others.

From what I’ve heard the greatest power play of all time would be

Orr Harvey
    Gretzky Howe Lemieux

The most important person down low would be Howe. In front of goal and in the corners.

Most important up high Orr. His play making ability, plus his speed second to none.

Because of speed alone Orr is the most important person on that power play, with Howe second most important.

Some say you should take Harvey off the point, put Gretzky there with Rocket down low and it’s even better, and you lose nothing defensively.

I would give a kidney to see Gretzky Lemieux and Howe with Orr on a power play.

Forum members on ignore
    daltex

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know much about hockey, but I've watched some highlights of Gretzky, Lemeiux, and Orr, and Orr looked to be the most fearsome of the three, he was all over the place, doing everything. It was like someone released the Tasmanian devil onto the ice.

Lemieux

@doubledragon said:
    I don't know much about hockey, but I've watched some highlights of Gretzky, Lemeiux, and Orr, and Orr looked to be the most fearsome of the three, he was all over the place, doing everything. It was like someone released the Tasmanian devil onto the ice.

That’s what I’ve heard from some pretty smart hockey people.

A Bruins fan showed me this. I know you like tough boxers. That’s why I’ll share.

1st pic is a goalie who took a Bobby Hull slap shot in the head.

2nd pic- Look who’s going face first to block a Hull slap shot. He was like Marciano. Just fearless. He played like this all the time. Probably why he was hurt so much.

Forum members on ignore
    daltex

Lemieux

@doubledragon said:

Would you do me a favor and post your nicest cards of Ali and Rocky on the boxing thread. I’d enjoy seeing them.

Forum members on ignore
    daltex

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh goodness, someone said Orr.

this could get ugly...

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

@4for4 said:

@doubledragon said:

A Bruins fan showed me this. I know you like tough boxers. That’s why I’ll share.

2nd pic- Look who’s going face first to block a Hull slap shot. He was like Marciano. Just fearless. He played like this all the time. Probably why he was hurt so much.

I've seen that photo of the goalie stretched out before, but I've never seen that photo of Orr trying to block a Hull slapshot, that is awesome, he was a beast. From what I've seen, whenever Orr was on the ice, its's like he dictated terms and controlled what happened in the game, you had to design the whole game plan based on his presence. I imagine coaches dreaded playing against him.

Lemieux

@doubledragon said:

@4for4 said:

@doubledragon said:

. From what I've seen, whenever Orr was on the ice, its's like he dictated terms and controlled what happened in the game, you had to design the whole game plan based on his presence. I imagine coaches dreaded playing against him.

I was told the same. You never stopped him. You just tried to make him give up the puck. Kind of cool that Orr said Mario was the most talented player he ever saw.

Coaches plan - this was sent to me a while ago and I cracked up. From Punch Imlach.

Forum members on ignore
    daltex

@4for4 said:

@doubledragon said:

@4for4 said:

@doubledragon said:

. From what I've seen, whenever Orr was on the ice, its's like he dictated terms and controlled what happened in the game, you had to design the whole game plan based on his presence. I imagine coaches dreaded playing against him.

I was told the same. You never stopped him. You just tried to make him give up the puck. Kind of cool that Orr said Mario was the most talented player he ever saw.

Coaches plan - this was sent to me a while ago and I cracked up. From Punch Imlach.

Pray that he misses the plane, that is awesome. 😂😂😂😂

Lemieux

Mario has his own cancer hospital and Orr is always doing this.
    Two greats for sure.

Forum members on ignore
    daltex

Lemieux

Forum members on ignore
    daltex