Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

100 Dollar bill with Chopmark or something else

MtW124MtW124 Posts: 311 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 27, 2023 3:10PM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

I have others with oval markings but I have not viewed any with a round marking and writing. Also there are other markings and writing. Thanks
Edit: my other one was round as well.

Comments

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

Typically a Chopmark is a figure like a bird or fish, but it’s very similar. I’ve seen Chopmarks using Asian symbols, so I imagine this qualifies.

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I have copies of dozens of different ones, almost always on $100 notes.

Now the mystery is who is "DA1"?

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options

I guess I should have highlighted the other three markings in the note besides the DA1 that is on the front and back. On the right side of the back of this note there are three other different markings as well that I have placed arrows towards. I should have pointed them out in the initial post.

• Options

@sellitstore
    I know that you are considered one of the experts on these forums in regards to this type of note and many more. I should have directed my last entry to you directly. Is there a current directory of known chopmarks? Thanks

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is my mystery Red Eagle stamp?
    :*

Anybody know?
    Thank you!

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.