Home Metal Detecting
Options

Had a great day

Yesterday I got a first for me 44p

Comments

• Options
    CharlotteDudeCharlotteDude Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome find! It’s a great feeling when one pulls an old one like that after digging memocent after clad after more memocents. Moments like that keep the engine humming along.

Got Crust....y gold?
  • Options
    gene2393gene2393 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

@CharlotteDude said:
    Awesome find! It’s a great feeling when one pulls an old one like that after digging memocent after clad after more memocents. Moments like that keep the engine humming along.

Definitely and thank you it's nice to find one after the many hundreds of not thousands of clad coins over the years

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

A great day indeed!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭✭

I clearly remember finding my first silver quarter, a 1952-D. Silver quarters are a significantly less common find than silver dimes. I had dug about 16 silver dimes before I found my first silver quarter.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

A nice warm smile, wtg 🙂

• Options

@Bayard1908 said:
    I clearly remember finding my first silver quarter, a 1952-D. Silver quarters are a significantly less common find than silver dimes. I had dug about 16 silver dimes before I found my first silver quarter.

That's about where I'm at between nickels and dimes that I've dug that are silver lol now I just need to find a half or dollar coin that's silver then I've hit it all lol

• Options

@johnny9434 said:
    A nice warm smile, wtg 🙂

Thank you and I definitely had a big smile on my face the rest of the day lol