Home Sports Talk

Baseball trivia question

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

What pitcher said this?

"I could probably throw harder if I wanted but why? When they're in a jam, a lot of pitchers try to throw harder. Me, I try to locate better. I try to do two things: locate my fastball and change speeds. That's it.”

Comments

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2023 1:19PM

the first guy who came to my mind, and i mean he popped into my head instantly after reading that quote, is Greg Maddux

the movement on his pitches and his ability to consistently paint the corners.....................dude was Rembrandt on a mound

his fastball probably never topped the low 90s, but to a hitter he was probably throwing 100

he mesmerized me every time i watched one of his starts

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    the first guy who came to my mind, and i mean he popped into my head instantly after reading that quote, is Greg Maddux

the movement on his pitches and his ability to consistently paint the corners.....................dude was Rembrandt on a mound

his fastball probably never topped the low 90s, but to a hitter he was probably throwing 100

he mesmerized me every time i watched one of his starts

Yes sir, you are correct, the great Greg Maddux said that. I grew up a Braves fan, watch him when he played in Atlanta, he was truly amazing. He was like an artist, the ball was his brush and homeplate was his canvas.