Home Precious Metals

Stolen: 1 ozt Platinum Engelhard USSC bar sn 559

jlhusseyjlhussey Posts: 3
edited August 22, 2023 3:08PM in Precious Metals

Looking for this 1 ozt platinum bar {serial number 00559 } produced by Engelhard for USSC {United States Silver Corporation}-shipped USPS Priority in a small flat rate box. The box was torn open between Hazelwood, MO and Peoria, IL while in possession of the USPS and the bar was removed.
Jason Hussey
309-370-7252
ex https://allengelhard.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Screen-Shot-2017-04-03-at-10.34.24-AM.jpg

Comments

• rte592rte592 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 23, 2023 11:29PM

I'll add the picture if someone happens to Google a similar image.

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was the bar insured by the seller? Did you buy it using a credit card? When it was delivered, was a signature required and if so, did you inspect the package before you accepted it?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• @dealer6871 said:

@jlhussey said:
    Looking for this 1 ozt platinum bar {serial number 00559 } produced by Engelhard for USSC {United States Silver Corporation}-shipped USPS Priority in a small flat rate box. The box was torn open between Hazelwood, MO and Peoria, IL while in possession of the USPS and the bar was removed.
    Jason Hussey
    309-370-7252
    ex https://allengelhard.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Screen-Shot-2017-04-03-at-10.34.24-AM.jpg

@jlhussey - have you tried reporting this to the USPIS, or to a numismatic crimes agent? I tried reporting the copper bar that I mentioned. However, it didn't seem there was too much interest on the receiving end of the reporting, especially as I was told that "Things end up missing all the time..." I wish you all the best in finding/locating/otherwise eventually receiving the item in question.

@dealer6871 Claim opened with USPS and police dept to add to NCIC database.

• @PerryHall said:
    Was the bar insured by the seller? Did you buy it using a credit card? When it was delivered, was a signature required and if so, did you inspect the package before you accepted it?

@PerryHall bar was insured by the seller. I've heard bullion claims are often denied. No signature was required. USPS delivered box to my mailbox 8/19

• OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope the seller was able to collect on the insurance.

Stories like this are are reminder of why USPS Registered Service is the best available means of foiling the thieves within USPS.

• ApplejacksApplejacks Posts: 384 ✭✭✭

@Mike59 said:
    Good luck 🍀. I hope you find it.
    Mike

Me as well. Best of luck.

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hell of a loss and since it's bullion and not shipped Registered, there would be no insurance available. Box in box is the only way to ship this stuff.
    bob :)
    vegas, baby!

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dang Hussey, even for a high roller like you, this sucks. Hopefully they find the person that snatched it at some point.

Hadley

Promethius881969@yahoo.com