Home Sports Talk

The masterful jab of Riddick Bowe

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

A good jab can torment the heck out of your opponent, no need to comment, just enjoy the masterful jab of Riddick Bowe.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NEGe0wsOLZE

Comments

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bowe had the tools to be one of the best

if memory serves, he only lost one fight

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    Bowe had the tools to be one of the best

if memory serves, he only lost one fight

Yep, his only loss was to Holyfield in 93', he avenged that loss in 95' and won their trilogy 2-1, he finished his career 43-1, one of my favorite boxers.

edited August 21, 2023 3:27PM

Would loved to have seen Riddick Bowe vs Lennox Lewis but it never happened, Lewis actually beat Bowe in the 88' Olympics Gold medal match, it would have been awesome to see them in the pros but Rock Newman, Bowe's manager, screwed it all up in the early 90s. They had another chance in 95' to fight and it was going to happen but Oliver McCall upset Lennox Lewis and that ruined it. Anyway, I love this stuff, watching Bowe torment his opponents and set them up with that jab, it's a beautiful science, a sweet science.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't he go into the military right in the middle of his career?

@perkdog said:

Yes, his dream was to be a US Marine, he enlisted and lasted 11 days before throwing in the towel. The Marine Corps ain't no joke! 😂😂

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

Yes, his dream was to be a US Marine, he enlisted and lasted 11 days before throwing in the towel. The Marine Corps ain't no joke! 😂😂

Yep I remember ESPN and him announcing it back in the 90's

Impressive record, he only lost 1 fight which is crazy

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 22, 2023 4:17AM

A few days before Thanksgiving(I don't remember the year) Lewis told a tv reporter that Riddick will be eating chicken, instead of turkey for Thanksgiving because he was too chicken to fight him.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭

Military basic training back then....especially the Marines was just brutal. They absolutely own you and treat you horrible the entire time. Your life is over for the 8-20 weeks. Most of the greatest athletes in the world would not make it through basic training back then.