Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

eBay Authentication for PSA Graded Cards?

I have 8 PSA graded cards I am trying to sell as a package for a total of $250 on eBay. They were all recently graded by PSA. Does eBay require that they be sent in for authentication before they are sent to the Buyer? This whole thing seems rather foolish considering PSA authenticated the cards.

Comments

• I believe the authentication is only for individual cards that sell for $250 or more.

• Yes, from my experience. I’ve only done one sale this year, but it had to pass through the third party, which seemed to tick off the buyer because he complained it took so long to get to him.

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭✭

This doesn't apply to lots.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 21, 2023 2:58PM

@Yankeefan320 said:
    I have 8 PSA graded cards I am trying to sell as a package for a total of $250 on eBay. They were all recently graded by PSA. Does eBay require that they be sent in for authentication before they are sent to the Buyer? This whole thing seems rather foolish considering PSA authenticated the cards.

As mentioned, doesn't apply when more than one card is in the listing.... It's not just authenticating the graded cards, it is also preventing the seller from shipping something else, or the buyer saying they received something else. Obviously more important for higher end stuff, but at least I know I'm not gonna have to deal with any BS on the cheaper stuff too.

• NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is an eBay seller shipping PSA cards via EBay standard envelope. Item popped up on my saved search and saw the $1.10 shipping for the PSA card…. Feedback supports…