Home Sports Talk

Baseball is making it more expensive to watch all your teams games.

tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭

MLB tv has the bulk of the games now but Peacock, Apple, and I m sure, more will be getting into the mix of it shortly to make it even more costly to watch your favorite team.
We have had it easy so far as look at what it costs to go , in person, to a single game.
Your thoughts?

Comments

• streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

AAA and college are more fun.

Have a nice day
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭

Plus you can't watch your home team on MLB TV. I see all the other games; but not my local Mariners.

• tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 22, 2023 8:44PM

MLB doesn't want local people (as far away as 750 miles to 1000 ) miles away from Albuquerque to be able to watch a game
    played by the Red Sox.
    Thus Colorado and Arizona games are blocked out from Albuquerque like I'm going to drive up to Denver to watch a game!.
    Ridiculous!
    It's all about the money.

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭✭

@tommyrusty7 said:
    MLB doesn't want local people (as far away as 750 miles) to 1000 miles away from Albuquerque to be able to watch a game
    played by the Red Sox.
    Thus Colorado and Arizona games are blocked out from Albuquerque like I'm going to drive up to Denver to watch a game!.
    Ridiculous!
    It's all about the money.

The White Sox had a home game this year where their own game was blacked out on the TVs inside the stadium. MLB has the dumbest and weirdest black out rules. Most of the owners just care about money, give them enough money and they would agree to never have a game on tv ever again. It really doesnt make much sense to make it as hard as possible for people to watch games, but it has to do with the regional TV contracts for teams.

https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/help-center/blackouts-teams

Its just dumb. I did laugh though that the Giants and As are blacked out for every game in Guam, the As should be begging for anyone they possibly can to watch them

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

I gave up watching my favorite team years ago.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭

I do remember the days when there was no television coverage at all though so I should probably be happy that I get to watch most games with the MLB package.
    I also remember sitting by the radio listing to teletype announced games even before television was available in the 1940's.
    I guess I have been spoiled over the years and am now greedy just like the team owners and players
    I sure would not pay what they are asking now for those tight seats to be uncomfortable for 3 hours at Fenway anyway.!

• 1948_Swell_Robinson1948_Swell_Robinson Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tommyrusty7 said:
    I do remember the days when there was no television coverage at all though so I should probably be happy that I get to watch most games with the MLB package.
    I also remember sitting by the radio listing to teletype announced games even before television was available in the 1940's.
    I guess I have been spoiled over the years and am now greedy just like the team owners and players
    I sure would not pay what they are asking now for those tight seats to be uncomfortable for 3 hours at Fenway anyway.!

When Box Scores were king. When game of the week on TV was special. Crazy how access is so easy now compared to previous times.