Home U.S. Coin Forum

Will there ever be a digital version or reprint of the Cherrypicker's Guide, 6th Ed., Vol. 1?

tenebrismtenebrism Posts: 10
edited August 16, 2023 5:21PM in U.S. Coin Forum

It's no secret that the Cherrypickers' Guide to Rare Die Varieties of United States Coins, Sixth Edition, Volume I, sells for between $200 and $400 (some are even over $1,000) on Amazon, eBay, and other online stores.

I know that @Dentuck said over 3 years ago that Whitman was discussing a straight reprint, but there haven't been any reprints, right?

With the new Sixth Edition of Volume III in the works, with a tentative release in 2024, a Seventh Edition of Volume 1 will likely not show up until at least 2025–2026, I'm guessing. So that's still a few years where a reprint of the Sixth Edition of Volume I would be beneficial.

If not a reprint, is there any way to get a digital version of the Sixth Edition of Volume I in the works? There isn't one, right? I can only find digital versions of the Fifth Edition (Volumes I and II) and Fourth Edition (Volume II), but there aren't any Sixth Edition copies on Apple Books, Kindle, etc.

I'm just getting into coin collecting, so it's a little discouraging to not be able to access the most up-to-date books because of the high cost. (I did get a copy of the Sixth Edition of Volume II, so at least I have that!)

Comments

• UpGrayeddUpGrayedd Posts: 573 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have any answers for you, but I too missed out on the Sixth Edition Volume I and would buy a copy if they did a reprint.

Philippians 4:4-7

• ShurkeShurke Posts: 324 ✭✭✭✭

There used to be a Kindle version of Cherrypickers 6.1 on Amazon, but I can’t find it now. Weird.

• yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 16, 2023 4:02PM

@tenebrism said:
    It's no secret that the Cherrypickers' Guide to Rare Die Varieties of United States Coins, Sixth Edition, Volume I, sells for between $300 and even over $1,000 on Amazon, eBay, and other online stores.

On ebay Sold Items,
    the most recent 3 with identifiable prices sold for between $231 and $260.
    So your price range is not accurate.

• ldhairldhair Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was too late to buy the volume I. That turned me cold to ever buying the CPG again. I can do without.

Larry

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file